Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
Thank you!
« on: March 12, 2010, 04:08:31 am »
I have been here since December and I don't really post much but I come here often and I just want to thank you ALL for being such a great group!!  I have learned a lot from reading all the posts and I really appreciate all the tips and ideas and the wonderful, and lots of times funny, people here.  It is a great place to hang out.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline willowfox

• View Profile
Re: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 05:40:45 am »
:0 its great isn,t it, i love coming in here with a cuppa and catching up on some tips and hints and checking out what everyone else is cooking:)

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:41:04 am »
How nice Woerd. It's so nice to see these kinds of posts. Please, lets hear more of you in the future.

Admin :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 10:01:16 am »
It's great to hear praise about the forum and lovely for you to pop in Woerd.  What have you been cooking lately yourself - do you mainly do recipes from the forum, from the recipe books or convert your own?

Willowfox - I have had so many cups of coffee and breakfasts in front of the forum and am pleased to say have not yet spilt one drop on my beloved computer keyboard.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:09:04 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 10:35:27 am »
I know just what you mean.  It is lovely to visit the forum and chat with friends.  I have learnt so much from everyone and wouldn't be enjoying my Thermie half as much if I hadn't found this forum!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 11:47:50 am »
It's interesting that you have mentioned having a coffee or cup of tea while you're on the forum.  After we've eaten our lunch we have a coffee and DH has his and then 'rests his eyes' for a while. I have my coffee with the forum. It is a very satisfactory arrangement. :D :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 02:33:32 pm »
 :D Sounds perfect JD!

I make sure that breakfast is able to be eaten in one hand so I can type!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:41:51 pm »
I am addicted and check on the website randomly all day whilst still trying to run a business. Guess you could say my heart is in the kitchen and not at the desk. Tho I am still passionate about my job, cooking satisfies my creative side which probably says more about me.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 02:05:45 am »
I'm just happy to be here.

JD - I am in Canada and there are very few cookbooks.  I was cruising the web and found a site with LOTS of books.  I sent off a quick email and received a lovely reply from Sheree (I think she is on this forum).  She sent me all the books I asked for with even some extra goodies thrown in.  She went way above and beyond for me and was so sweet to deal with and had no problem sending them to me all the way over here.  I do find though that I mostly use recipes from here  ;D  I really love the reviews of all the books.  At first I was not having a great deal of sucess but now that I check the reviews before hand with all the tweaks and tips it is great.

I just can't express enough how great a group of people there are here.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 03:42:15 am »
I am addicted and check on the website randomly all day whilst still trying to run a business. Guess you could say my heart is in the kitchen and not at the desk. Tho I am still passionate about my job, cooking satisfies my creative side which probably says more about me.
OMG CP63. You just described me, although I don't had any creativity- just follow recipes. I also check the forum several times a day while sitting at my desk trying to run a business. When I get to some parts of the job that I find a bit mind numbing I find myself thinking about what I can try next  in the TMX. Sooo glad to hear I'm not alone ;) ;) ;)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 07:16:24 am »
Riv_mum (Sheree) what a great wrap up you have just got from Woerd - well done to you.  It's great knowing our overseas members get so much enjoyment from this forum and that our recipes are often preferred over those in the books. Inspires us all to keep on posting and sharing our recipes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 08:44:32 am »
I agree, everyone on this site is so welcoming and helpful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 10:19:59 am »
Great bunch of people.  I also love reading what everyone has been upto most days.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 11:01:33 pm »
Thanks for your comments Woerd.  It is great to have the ability for people to help each other with our best friend.   :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.