Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9030473 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #690 on: May 23, 2009, 02:33:21 am »
I've been so dehydrated and thisty those past two days that the only thing I craved was lemonade. I made the lemon granité from the ŕ table avec Thermomix cookbook. I don't know if you have the recipe in the Australian book, so let me know if anyone wants it.

No we don't have lemon sorbet in our book MrSpock and I do remember it being served in between meals at restaurants some time back - haven't come across it lately though but then we don't go out for fancy meals as much as we used to either. So yes please, would love to have the recipe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:03:21 am by Thermomixer »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 23, 2009, 08:14:20 am »
This is more like a sorbet. I don't know the name in English, but here's the Wikipedia definition. It's not mentionned anywhere, but here it is served in between courses to help digestion.

In England we call it Slush Puppy, and in Spain we call it granizado. I love it!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:04:19 am by Thermomixer »
Amanda

Spain

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #692 on: May 23, 2009, 08:21:14 am »
perhaps it's what we call a granita
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #693 on: May 23, 2009, 10:33:11 am »
I have just made Joy's Persian Love Cake as a dessert for a dinner party this evening.  It looks great, but took a lot longer to cook than the recipe said.
Also, I think that I might just sprinkle it with some rosewater before serving - I just can't help myself, I love that stuff!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 24, 2009, 12:21:24 am »
Have been using my 2 jugs all day! ;D ;D ;D ;D
My new one is very shiny! And the MC looks so different new! :o :o
Have made more Chicken stock concentrate, as I somehow end up giving some away to friends in a little tupper everytime someone comes over! ;D And had none left. Made the fish stock for Paella tomorrow. Wish I could make that in THX but not enough capacity, at least I can make the fish stock and sofrito. Have made sauteed potatoes for kids and the marinade for I-L-B's  chicken wings (real winner in this house) Have bought fresh cherries so tomorrow am going to attempt Black Forest Gateau. Oh and have bought an octopus (well part of one) to steam in the Varoma! Does anyone out there eat octopus? :P :P. I have tricked  many friends over the years and not told them what they are eating! :-X :-X :-X
Amanda

Spain

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 24, 2009, 12:33:34 am »
i love squid but not so keen on octopus (usually very chewy IME)

i have just made up a GF english muffin batter. hopefully will be yummy!
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 24, 2009, 08:11:08 am »
Today for lunch I converted an old favourite recipe for Goulash soup from a Womans Weekly cookbook - this has to be my all time favourite soup with chicken soup coming in a close second. Cheap to make and has lovely flavours - goes down a treat at dinner parties. Have posted it in the soup section.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 24, 2009, 10:21:02 am »
Made crumpets for brekky today, not as successful as last time...will have to try again, made some more butter, and DH made Brazen's Banana Yoghurt and Blueberry cake this afternoon (a real winner in this house) Well done and thanks again for all your sharing Brazen!!  :-*  About to go and get some dinner....looking here for inspiration  :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 24, 2009, 10:35:22 am »
glad you liked it :)

no thermomix cooking here as i'm sick and dh is cooking ;)
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 24, 2009, 11:40:54 am »
Get well soon Karen.  Lucky you having a DH who cooks, even if I'm sick I still have to cook >:( >:(

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #700 on: May 24, 2009, 12:03:14 pm »
Get well soon Karen.  Lucky you having a DH who cooks, even if I'm sick I still have to cook >:( >:(
Same here Judy, either that or take-away!  Some years ago I was very sick and bed bound for over a week (found out later that I had appendicitis and should have been in hospital).  The kids ate very badly for the whole time and even while I was recuperating and unable to stay up for very long at all I still had to stagger out and cook if I wanted a decent meal! >:(
Not happy with that.

Today I used the TM to chop almonds for the muesli I am making and later to grate up some beautiful parmigiano reggianno for the carbonara we had for dinner.
A big favourite here and great to fill up teenagers!
I am a bit of a purist with some things and don't use the TM.  Just pasta, bacon, free range eggs and sometimes some garlic.  It is too easy to do it in a pan!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #701 on: May 24, 2009, 12:43:38 pm »
Hope you're feeling better soon too Brazen!

Today we (Miss 3 and I) made the Too Easy Chocolate Cake from Everyday Cookbook (must post my recipe- much better but only wanted a small cake for DD to take to daycare tomorrow for her birthday), Icing Sugar, Choc Chip Cookies (found some cookie dough in the freezer so thawed it and added some choc chips.  Rolling the dough into balls kept DD occupied for a while, however I think the dough had been frozen a bit too long... We made the raison bread and converted an Indonesian Chicken Almond and Noodle recipe tonight - which turned out as a success so will post that when I get a chance.

Have to blow up some balloons and decorate the lounge with balloons and streamers for the big day tomorrow - DD will get a new bike for her birthday so want to make it a special surprise.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 24, 2009, 02:13:54 pm »
Today we had a famil get together at my cousin's house and I was on dessert duty. So all week I had been thinking what to make!!

Well about 1hr before we left I was still undecied when my neighbour knocked on the door with 2 punnets of beautiful strawberries from her brothers strawberry farm!!!

So it was decided strawberry sorbet, seing as TMX is new to my life (nearly 1 week now) and want to share it with my family (which I think they are all sick of hearing about it!)

So they got to see it in action and they were most impressed, so much so my Aunt wants to buy 1, she was on the verge of buying a new bread machine and coffee machine!! until she saw Thermalena in action!!!

My cousin is getting married soon and I suggest to her TMX bridal registry, so she is excited too!!!

I love spreading the Thermomix love!!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 25, 2009, 01:05:12 am »
Sounds like you are doing a good job too Kathy :D :D  How wedding gifts have changed over the years, I received casserole dishes and towels when I first married back in 1965 :'( :'(

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 25, 2009, 07:05:31 am »
Sounds like you are doing a good job too Kathy :D :D  How wedding gifts have changed over the years, I received casserole dishes and towels when I first married back in 1965 :'( :'(

My mum and dad got married in 1960.  Mum sensibly put about half of her wedding presents in 2 plastic rubbish bins, which my Dad's father promptly burnt in the incinerator thinking they were rubbish.  I think there were a few choice 60s things in there...