Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9030252 times)

Offline Paul

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #675 on: May 20, 2009, 09:05:33 pm »
But Granada is a little world all on its own. That's where my husband is from, I had to learn Spanish within 3 months, as otherwise I would have died, that's what DH thinks! As you can probably tell, I am a good talker! But it was hard at first, lots of sign language and pictures :P :P :P Here in Malaga everyone speaks English!
Yes JD my girls speak english, with a mixture accent, mixed between spanish, london and irish (as Nana is Irish) people find it very confusing as they really can't work out where they are from! Speaking Spanish as natives (that they are!) and english with a sharp London accentand occasional irish word! ;D

That's very impressive Bron.  I think most English speakers like me are too lazy to even try, which is sad

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 21, 2009, 02:41:02 am »
... I have an American book by Jean Pare called Recipes for Leftovers which I have used a few times but every now and then they mention an ingredient I've never heard of - they speak funny too ;D ;D

Judy, Jean Paré is Canadian, not American! 8)

Next time you don't understand an ingredient, let me know, maybe I can translate  ;D

I've been down with a stomach flu for 3 days, and after 2 days of just water, and one day of chicken broth, I finally felt good enough for some solid food, so I made myself a mushroom rissotto in my trusty Thermomix. Sure helped my appetite!
See everybody's searching for...that attitude chicken ~ Bob Geldof

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 21, 2009, 02:46:14 am »
Thanks MrSpock, don't use it very often but will certainly keep you in mind if I come across a strange ingredient.  Glad you are on the mend again.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 21, 2009, 03:45:22 am »
My family is sick to death of soup  :D I'm roasting a chicken tonight, will make the stuffing in Mildred but otherwise I think she will have the night off. Unless I do some baking today which I am considering... mmm...
Row

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 21, 2009, 07:44:09 am »
Not a lot of stuff to eat today but Rowdy has been put to good use.  I made my second batch of dishwashing liquid, peeled 2 bulbs garlic and froze them, mulched vegie peelings for compost then adapted a recipe for strawberry mousse suitable for diabetics from this week's That's Life magazine after remembering someone a while back had asked for this type of recipe.  Most of the desserts on the forum are not 'light' so this one is a change and I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. I have posted it in Special Diets.  I also tried Bron's pavlova but unfortunately it failed for me.  It was the one I Love Bimby ended up having success with so it must have been me or my oven at fault. It was flat, sugary and had gooey liquid on the underside if you know what I mean :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 21, 2009, 08:13:50 am »
I started the day (well Thermalena did:P) with bread rolls, which hd and I grazed all day so I had to do more for the children as I had promised them some for after school. Currently have a cake in oven, (1st time I have made one) and boy the batter as just beautifully whipped and it tasted great, (yes I licked the spatula!)

Waiting for it to come out of oven then, Chicken risotto and  the youngest member of the house has put in a request for custard for desert.

Oh yer and I did manage to clean the bathroom today between grazing on rolls :-[

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #681 on: May 21, 2009, 09:45:27 am »
i had a crazy day of playdates and chores and left the house at 830 and only returned at 530  :o ??? so no cookign here. about to make GF pizza bases though and need to make something to take for a playdate tomorrow...
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #682 on: May 21, 2009, 03:08:32 pm »
Not much from me today either - cooked the spaghetti to go with the left over bol sauce from the other night.  We were out most of the day with Musikids, playdates, shopping, house hunting....
Hoping tomorrow to make a smoked trout and sweet potato risotto and also a potato and leek soup.... hoping... ;D
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 22, 2009, 03:23:53 am »
I've been so dehydrated and thisty those past two days that the only thing I craved was lemonade. I made the lemon granité from the ŕ table avec Thermomix cookbook. I don't know if you have the recipe in the Australian book, so let me know if anyone wants it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 22, 2009, 04:07:11 am »
We have a lemonade recipe in our everyday cookbook made with 100g sugar, 1 tray ice cubes 2 large lemons and 100g still or sparkling water. Is this the same as yours MrSpock?   The only time I crave lemonade is usually when I am sick - hope you aren't coming down with something ;) ;)

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 22, 2009, 10:31:45 am »
Well I have made meatballs in the varoma and instead of tomato sauce, have done it with the pisto, the ratatoiulle all blitzed to pure....deeelicious! better than with just tomato! Funny how clearing out fridge and freezer we discover new ways of cooking! ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 22, 2009, 11:13:33 am »
Converted another low fat dessert this morning (will post in special diet section ) then had a busy day running Mum around to appointments and visiting etc.  Decided to use up some Frenched lamb chops for tea so crumbed them and served them with potato patties and fried tomatoes as I haven't had time to go shopping yet and had no vegies in the house.  Must say, didn't enjoy the fried meal at all - Rowdy cooking is so different and much lighter and I am preferring that now to anything fried.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 22, 2009, 04:49:50 pm »
Exactly JD! Look at me steaming meat balls! Who would have ever dreamt that would be yum! And the salt steamed pork, hope you and DH enjoyed it as much as we do!
Amanda

Spain

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 22, 2009, 05:58:49 pm »
Well am going to make Banoffee Pie as my daughter is going to a friends house tomorrow. And a few weeks ago, her friends mother sent a lovely dessert to us, so I will return her plate, but with a banoffee pie on top, to say thankyou! Will also be making more detergent goo now that I have some empty bottles! ;D
Amanda

Spain

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 22, 2009, 06:53:16 pm »
We have a lemonade recipe in our everyday cookbook made with 100g sugar, 1 tray ice cubes 2 large lemons and 100g still or sparkling water. Is this the same as yours MrSpock?   The only time I crave lemonade is usually when I am sick - hope you aren't coming down with something ;) ;)

This is more like a sorbet. I don't know the name in English, but here's the Wikipedia definition. It's not mentionned anywhere, but here it is served in between courses to help digestion.