Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128125 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11685 on: December 01, 2013, 11:25:59 pm »
Love your light up boxes. Dh & cp put the tree up yesterday, normally I do it, but they did it this year, not decorated to my liking but they are pleased.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11686 on: December 01, 2013, 11:31:40 pm »
It certainly sounds exhausting DJ...I bet your looking forward to a finish!

Another hot one today...might crank up aircon & start christmas decorating....DS begged me this morning.
Hubby off the tractor at 3am this morning, and back out there by 8....I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see a christmas explosion in the early hours again...not  :P

DD went to goldclass yesterday to see the new hunger games movie, then came home & downloaded the movie and watched it again  ???
I'm sure she likes going there just to be served food in a recliner  
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11687 on: December 01, 2013, 11:39:20 pm »
Deb, that looks wonderful - love the boxes lit up.  We have a special thread for Christmas trees, perhaps members could continue posting on this thread again this year.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11688 on: December 02, 2013, 12:23:38 am »
We have to wait until the end of the week to do our tree...DH's birthday on Thursday, and he claims his family always waited until after then to put it up.  I'm starting to wonder though - his mum put theirs up last week, and his sister even earlier!  Ah, well, been too busy this weekend anyway!!

DH & I went to a wedding this weekend of a lovely Indian couple - to the Indian ceremony on Saturday, and then the civil ceremony/white wedding & reception on Sunday.  What a way to spend a weekend!  The weather was iffy on Saturday, but that was all indoors, and then Wellington turned on a cracker of a day for their waterfront event yesterday  ;D (well, typically, it was a little windy, but probably all the blokes in suits appreciated that).
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #11689 on: December 02, 2013, 02:34:17 am »
Love your light up boxes deb. Great tree too.

Hurry up Maddy. We all want to see the finished Xmas decorations. You must post a photo.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11690 on: December 02, 2013, 07:14:42 am »
Lovely tree and 'gifts' deedub. Maddy what sort of work is your DH doing on the tractor?
Do you have a cereal crop in?

I started out the day with good intentions. Everyone was out. Then friends rang from USA and we chattered for 3/4 hour, then another friend rang for DH, another half hour gone, then another call for DH, another half an hour. I gave up and caught up on some treasurer work that needed doing. I am asking for a pay rise as secretary wasn't included in the first pay deal. ;) ;) ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11691 on: December 02, 2013, 07:52:51 am »
hope you get your pay rise cookie :D
dealing with incompetent telstra for part of the day and then fencing guys who decided it would be a good idea to pull some of the fence down without informing me,  good job I realised before letting our dopey 13yr old dog out for a toilet break ::)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #11692 on: December 02, 2013, 08:17:49 am »
Went to work this morning for 2 hours then get called in to work tonight for 1 hour. Gee I need a new car, especially when it's a 25 klm drive one way from home. It's not worth me going to work for 1 hour. But work was desperate for someone to cover the shift. (heard that before)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11693 on: December 02, 2013, 09:38:43 am »
That's a long way to drive for 1 hour's work Mandi, you would get mileage on top of that I hope.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #11694 on: December 02, 2013, 09:45:49 am »
No mileage Judy. Only get travel between clients or with clients. And because my last client was this morning several hours ago I don't get paid :(
I don't usually do the 1 hour nights because where I live and the distance. But this is just an emergency back up. I do get an extra 12.5% on top of my usual wage for working after 6pm, but that doesn't cover my fuel cost.
I would much rather go to bed early than go to work for 1 hour

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11695 on: December 02, 2013, 09:50:20 am »
Went to work this morning for 2 hours then get called in to work tonight for 1 hour. Gee I need a new car, especially when it's a 25 klm drive one way from home. It's not worth me going to work for 1 hour. But work was desperate for someone to cover the shift. (heard that before)

Dede I have never heard of not being paid a minimum of three hours. Definitely not worth a call out for one  hour. Don't be so accommodating or they will just use you. You work too hard for a pittance. I have found if the agency, cannot find someone the family will manage. You will become too stressed with call outs.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11696 on: December 02, 2013, 09:52:59 am »
We had care workers for an hour at night when Geoff was home, they lived 1/2 hour away and they had him showered and in bed in just 30 minutes.  I never kept them here for the full hour by asking them to sweep floors or anything although I was told I could do that.  They were always grateful to just come in, get the job done and go home to their families.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #11697 on: December 02, 2013, 09:59:10 am »
I feel like in a bit trapped with this client as at the moment there is only 3 workers who can work with her. The worker who was supposed to do the night did a night shift last night and was exhausted. The other worker is on 3 days off ( her first days off in several weeks) there are other workers but the are unavailable because of either holidays or working else where. And this client has no one who can help her to bed except us support workers. I'm not sure I like working for this organization as there is lots of issues that are effecting both clients and workers. :(
Might be looking for another job early next year if there are no changes made soon.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #11698 on: December 03, 2013, 05:48:54 am »
Please look after yourself Dede, that must be first and foremost.

Today I need to vacuum two rooms from chimney demolition yesterday, and then rough mop to lay the dust. Fetch another gas canister.
Get quote for splash backs for kitchen. Return sample tiles. Help DD get more  underbed baskets to sort her room.
Plus usual chores, livestock, dog and and ton of laundry. DH back tonight.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11699 on: December 03, 2013, 06:01:38 am »
You won't know what to do with yourself when it is complete DJ.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/