Author Topic: Fish stock paste recipe from the "My Way of Cooking" book  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Gundable

• View Profile
Fish stock paste recipe from the "My Way of Cooking" book
« on: April 29, 2017, 05:48:59 am »
My paste isn't a paste at all, it is a liquid.  Is this normal? I used cod, prawns, mussels, and squid.  I followed the directions exactly.  Should I toss is and just use more solid fish?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fish stock paste recipe from the "My Way of Cooking" book
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 08:00:45 am »
I've just checked the recipe reviews from this book Gundable but unfortunately no-one has posted a review on the fish stock paste.  Looking at the recipe which has no liquid added at all, I cannot understand why yours is not a paste but maybe the squid had something to do with it.  It would obviously do the job of flavouring dishes though so could you freeze it in very small ice-cube trays in 1 - 2 tsp quantities to flavour 500mls - 1 litre of water.  It would be such a waste to throw it out if the only problem is the consistency.  Next time I would stick to firmer ingredients to see if you have more success with the recipe. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fish stock paste recipe from the "My Way of Cooking" book
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 10:41:44 am »
What a disappointment. I agree not to throw it out, do as Judy suggested. I've never made fish stock as I find the smell a bit off putting, although I love seafood.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/