Author Topic: Quick Asian soup  (Read 12520 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Quick Asian soup
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:02:44 am »
Name of Recipe:Quick Asian Soup

Number of People:4 serves

Ingredients:4 cups chicken stock
                           1/2 - 1 cup chopped BBQ chicken
                           300g creamed corn
                           12 leftover veroma steamed dim sims (frozen or fresh)  or buy a packet of small dim sims.                     
                           3 shallots, finely sliced
                           soy sauce to taste

Preparation:

Place everything in TM bowl and heat on 90oC for  8-10 mins on reverse, soft speed.

Tips/Hints: This is a thin soup made basically from leftovers.  Packet stock works well.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
Re: Quick Asian soup
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:53:57 pm »
Judy, please excuuse my ignorance, but what are dim sims? ???
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Asian soup
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:16:43 pm »
Hi Amanda, we live in a different world don't we but good to see you wanting to know all about our food.  To explain a dim sim I googled it and Wikipedia dictionary explained it as - a meat dumpling made from pork (you can use other meats like chicken) which is steamed or deep fried and served with soy sauce.  It was developed in Melbourne but was undoubtedly inspired by the authentic chinese meal called dim sum.

I made them from a recipe submitted by karenleigh of Canberra to another Karen in Canberra's blog page - as long as you can buy the gow gee wrappers over there, they are simple to make.  Try a chinese grocery for them. The recipe was adapted from one in the book 'Full Steam Ahead" - do you have that book for your TM.  The whole book is more suited to European countries than Australia and they make the pastry themselves - it is far easier to buy it ready made and it is as cheap as!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.