Author Topic: Starting from zero, with Thermomix  (Read 11514 times)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Starting from zero, with Thermomix
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:45 am »
Welcome to the forum Alex.  Great advice and great recipes here.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
Starting from zero, with Thermomix
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 02:59:13 pm »
Welcome Alex it's fun setting up a kitchen & very satisfying when you know you have cooked what you are eating.

My appliances other than the TM are a microwave (only used to defrost & reheat only), air fryer, slow cooker (great in winter), sandwich/griller, ice cream machine & coffee machine (only thing other than TM used daily).

We also have a BBQ & webber and do a lot of meat cooking outside too.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 07:28:33 am »
Hi and welcome Alex.
look forward to reading all your cooking adventures!  :D
:D

Offline arafalov

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 03:23:17 am »
Thank you to all for additional comments. I've done a bit more research and it seems like three gadgets may cover more than a full range of what I want:
1) Thermomix, obviously (hopefully a new September version)
2) Halogen oven to replace full-size oven and possibly even Microwave
3) Combination slow/pressure cooker with high-enough temperature to brown food

I looked at some recipes on various websites of these gadgets and you can often see recipe that say "Do part X magically with this gadget and part Y as usual". Then, the other gadget's website would say "Do part X as usual, but this gadget really helps with part Y". Bread seems a perfect example of something that starts in Thermomix and ends in Halogen oven, getting speed up from both.

I haven't found any recipes yet that look at multiple gadgets at the same time. Would be interesting to see others' experience at that.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 03:33:22 am »
We have an air fryer section in Chit Chat Alex and often things are prepared in the Thermomix then cooked in the a/f.

Does anyone own an airfryer  Some recipes underlined will have TMX inclusion eg BZB's Peri Peri Chicken & Nigella's chocolate chip muffins

Airfryer temperature & times - List No. 1

Airfryer temperature & times - List No 2
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline arafalov

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 02:28:27 am »
Time for an update  ;D

I bought a TM3.1 (Canada...) and a pressure/slow-cooker combination.

With TM, I made veggie stock, hummus, risotto, mayo, soup, smoothies, bliss balls, Kartoshka (Russian sweets) and, just recently, chocolate.

Hummus was completely from scratch (dried chickpeas, unroasted sesame seeds, etc), so it really felt good.

Bliss Balls, Kartoshka and chocolates actually made it into the office and were pronounced a success. Which is the first time I dared for anybody but myself to try my cooking.

For next couple of dishes, I've been requested more Kartoshka :-) and then I want to make Baba Ganoush, bread and some sort of cookies. After that, I need to eat down my cupboard's current content of tins and jars and rebuild it around Thermomix-ready base ingredients.

So, I guess, it is a success. :-)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 03:29:11 am »
Great going there arafalov, the Russian sweet recipe sounds nice, perhaps you'd like to share it with us. It might be a good one for our Christmas hampers.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline arafalov

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 03:38:22 am »
The Kartoshka recipe was this one: http://www.mydeliciousmeals.com/recipe/kartoshka-chocolate-truffles

I actually used TM to process and weigh the ingredients one by one and ended up with too many dishes to wash up. I have a feeling, there might be a way to streamline/convert that recipe into TM-specific and use only TM-bowl+temporary bowl for crumbs.

If somebody can rewrite that into a TM-specific form, I'll be very happy to beta-test that early next week.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 03:51:16 am »
i would process the biscuits then add all of the  ingredients and use the  :: for a minute or so

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline arafalov

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 03:57:24 am »
The butter needs to be melted though, right? So do that separately in a microwave and just pour everything in together? Two dishes.

I thought maybe do the crackers, take them out. Then, melt the butter in TM, mix it with the rest, then add crackers pieces back in and mix. Still two dishes, but no microwave.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2014, 04:09:49 am »
yes you could do that with no need of the M/W , but i would still pour the butter over the ingredients

not knowing the thickness play around with the speeds
i don't need a recipe i'm italian