Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6134056 times)

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #3615 on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:23 am »
I should get myself motivated and make some more too Gert although I still have 6ltrs of pure alcohol, 40%, found I really like the Drambuie. Other than the mix I add about 5mls glycerin, really makes it smooth. I'm making quite a lot I can use in cooking.

Frangelico  is wonderful in an afogato, only a teaspoon full  but it does make a difference.

I'm working on thermo recipes using different liqueurs. Will post when I've perfected them.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3616 on: October 28, 2012, 11:28:51 am »
Gert I am at a loss as to what to do as the person in question is only sister of DH and is a single woman ( no wonder) with only our family as both parents already passed away and has already ruined relationship with the other brother and his family.
She moved here fro Melbourne January 2011 and has made my life a living hell ever since.
We invited her to stay with us until she found a job and got settled.!!!
The worst suggestion of my life as 6 months later still no job and no help at all.
She contributed nothing and tried to make my kids and grand kids hers. Had to be seen to be believed.
I could rant and rave and write a book and still run out of ink.
She has tried to ruin the relationships I have with my daughters and blatantly.
Last week she received an ultimatum from one of my DIL's  so now awaiting the outcome.
I wish I had never offered her my home and hospitality as up to then I had sent a lot of time with her and had taken her overseas many times.
Should have realized then as she was very selfish and wanted her own way in everything but for me as I was relaxing without all or any of the kids I let it all go. Big mistake!!!
Sorry to vent all of this on the forum but I am bemused at her behavior and  manipulative, destructive behavior as well as always trying to play the victim..

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: October 28, 2012, 11:41:11 am »
OMG I have met her MF!

Tell her to bugger off. You don't  need it DH can still have a relationship,with her without her being in your face. Yours kids can make their own decisions. I would just treat her with ignore and never speak with her again.  Never engage with the nasties and they cannot have a voice.

My mantra is that no good deed goes unpunished. It is proven over and over.

Anyway you gotta do what ya gotta do. All families are different.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: October 28, 2012, 11:43:50 am »
Can I interrupt you MF and say rant away! I have read your post three times now and some if it sounds spookily like my not so DSIL. Of course not to the extreme of your situation but similar none the less. I am so sorry things are this bad and I send you lots of hugs. Hoping you feel better after your rant xox

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: October 28, 2012, 11:45:50 am »
Gert - how do you make your Bacardi (if I am allowed to ask?) ... It happens to be my favouritest alcohol  :-))

I just make the white spirit like  SueJen and then I go to the Brew Shop and buy a small bottle of essence. I add about 25 mils of that to a litre of spirt and there you have it.  Liquors are a bit different with glycerine involved and maybe extra sugar.

I will take a pic tomorrow of the essences . If I forget then remind me.

Girtbystill

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: October 28, 2012, 12:04:10 pm »
Hi Girtbystill just happened to have a few close by

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: October 28, 2012, 12:07:04 pm »
bottles look big but are only 50 ml

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3622 on: October 28, 2012, 12:10:40 pm »
Thanks Gert and Kimmyh. Your posts mean a lot and hopefully give me strength to deal with the B.... From H...!!
I have barely slept for the last two weeks due to her manipulative actions.
She has no children of her own and thinks she can take mine.
I have put in 36 years of blood sweat and ttears for my family so how can she come here and try to take what is mine!!!
She  deserves an Oscar for playing the victim and has given me tears and endless grief since taking her into my home.
She was a director of nursing in aged care facility in Melbourne but "couldn't get a job" here cos she didn't want to be in nursing again!!!
Sorry my blood is boiling!!!
She resents me because I have a loving husband ( her brother ) and all the grandkids. She told my BF that she has a right to be their Nana as her mother died before they were born so she can rightfully take her place.

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: October 28, 2012, 12:18:35 pm »
crikey MF you have been too nice for too long, for your own piece of mind, show her the door. Its not easy but you will have to do it for you and your families sake.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: October 28, 2012, 12:19:00 pm »
Oh MF, I was mad at this woman already but that last sentence of your last post just topped it off. What a monster. I can't believe she is related to your DH. Someone should lock her up and throw away the key >:( >:( >:(
Why is it always the good, caring, hard-working people who have to put up with cr*p like that? :'(

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: October 28, 2012, 12:23:30 pm »
Oh Lordy MF. Is she still living with you?

Kick her to the curb. Do not five her a voice. Don't worry about your kids and grand kids.  You brought them up right and they are not stupid. In any case they have to learn for themselves.

Never speak to her or of her again.  Doesn't exist  would be my plan.

Anyway that is me. I rarely give a third chance. Rarely. Well never really. I have very few true friends and I expect loyality  because I give it.

What a nightmare. Only you can make it better for you. So sorry.

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: October 28, 2012, 12:26:15 pm »
bottles look big but are only 50 ml

You can also use these essences in cooking so they are super handy if you do not want to go to the great expense of buying a bottle of .
If you do not drink but want a rum  flavoured  cake then these are the go.

Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: October 28, 2012, 12:41:28 pm »
No-one should make our lives hell MF, life is too short - take control of your home and remove your unwanted visitor. You have put up with enough, maybe she is hoping you will go and then she can rule the roost over her brother as well. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3628 on: October 28, 2012, 12:48:49 pm »
Exactly her plan JD. Not only her brother but mynkids and grandkids too.
I need her out of my  life but how to do it without looking like I  am the troublemaker?
she is a master at playing the victim  :(

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: October 28, 2012, 12:54:00 pm »
let her play the victim to someone else MF you have been used enough - it is your home. We all care about you - just tell her to go. I'm sure your family will understand.