Author Topic: Chicken with Coriander and Mango sauce  (Read 14488 times)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Chicken with Coriander and Mango sauce
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:53:32 pm »
Name of Recipe: CHICKEN WITH MANGO AND CORIANDER SAUCE

Number of People:4
Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts, boned and skin removed
3-4 tbsps chopped fresh coriander (can be chopped in TMX before starting)
75 ml dry white wine
I  ripe mango
Juice of 1 lime
Salt & Pepper to taste
750g water
Coriander leaves to garnish

Preparation:

Cut 3 deep slits into each chicken breast, being careful not to cut right though
Fill each slit with chopped coriander.

Place chicken breasts on a dish that will fit into the bottom part of the Varoma and pour over the wine.

Peel and chop the mango and place in  *: together with lime juice.   Process on 9 for about 20 seconds or until it is smooth.   Pour out the sauce and rinse bowl.  

Put water into the bowl and place Varoma (with chicken dish in base) on top.   Cook for about 20 minutes at speed 3.  Check chicken is cooked (exact time will depend on the size of the chicken breasts).

When chicken is cooked, remove dish from Varoma and mix juices from dish in with the mango, together with salt and pepper to taste.  Lift chicken from dish and pour in mango sauce.  Place chicken on top and cook in Varoma for 5 minutes to warm sauce through.

Tips/Hints:

You can serve it with new potatoes cooked in the basket while the chicken is cooking and with steamed green beans cooked on the top tray for the last 7 minutes or so (depending on how al dente you like your veg)

Garnish with the reserved coriander leaves.

This is a very tasty low fat and low calorie dish based on a recipe in Good Housekeeping Slim & Healthy Microwave Cookery

Judy: the only change I made was to heat the sauce in the bowl by pouring out the steaming water and adding the chicken juices and prepared mango pulp.  I would spice the sauce up a bit for adult taste next time by adding some mango chutney, mustard and citrus juice

KerrynN: Rather than use a separate dish to hold the chicken we put some wet baking paper into the varoma trays and pinched the corners to make a bowl shape to hold the chicken and the wine. I had one breast in the bottom tray and three up the top.
For the sauce we added a small knob of fresh ginger, a clove of garlic and one tsp of fresh chilli (from a jar). We did as JD suggested and emptied the water from the bowl at end of chicken cooking and put in chicken juices and mango mix (oh and had to use tinned mango) and cooked on speed 3, 100 degrees for 5 mins. Kids didn't like sauce but DH and I really enjoyed it. The chicken was really moist.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:55:35 pm by Cornish Cream »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken with Coriander and Mango sauce
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 03:48:40 pm »
Thanks Katya, sounds delicious.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:04:54 am »
will give this a go soon
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:50:05 am »
Thanks Katya.  I have a couple of similar recipes that I should convert from a Beverley Sutherland Smith book.  The chicken and mango recipe ahs cream and mayo in the sauce.

Sounds very yum
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:52:25 am »
Katya, had this for tea tonight and as it is an all-in-one-meal, it should be put in that section.  I'll let Caroline know.
It was a nice light meal as you commented and the only change I made was to heat the sauce in the bowl by pouring out the steaming water and adding the chicken juices and prepared mango pulp.  I would spice the sauce up a bit for adult taste next time by adding some mango chutney, mustard and citrus juice but we both enjoyed it.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:00:55 pm »
Gosh JD, I'd completely forgotten I'd posted this  :D :D.   Thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed it but sorry it was a bit bland for you.   Your suggested additions sound good

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 09:14:44 pm »
Guess since cooking the TMX way and eating things I didn't bother with before, my taste buds cry out for a bit more flavour these days Katya. 

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 10:28:21 pm »
I would add fresh Chili and Garlic to spice it up a bit :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:25 am »
Thanks bluesed.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 03:13:58 am »
Great pic Judy, will have to give this a go.

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 09:26:41 am »
We made this for dinner tonight. Rather than use a separate dish to hold the chicken we put some wet baking paper into the varoma trays and pinched the corners to make a bowl shape to hold the chicken and the wine. I had one breast in the bottom tray and three up the top.

For the sauce we added a small knob of fresh ginger, a clove of garlic and one tsp of fresh chilli (from a jar). We did as JD suggested and emptied the water from the bowl at end of chicken cooking and put in chicken juices and mango mix (oh and had to use tinned mango) and cooked on speed 3, 100 degrees for 5 mins. Kids didn't like sauce but DH and I really enjoyed it. The chicken was really moist.

Great quick recipe. Thanks Katya.
Kerryn

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:29 pm »
I have frozen mango, so I can make this, thanks.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url