Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8928260 times)

Offline Jenny H

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1035 on: July 17, 2009, 01:08:58 pm »
yumeeee - yes, i am quite surprised myself but, we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes Karen, raw food can upset tummies and, for a lot of people, it is something you have to get used to.  When we first went raw (we do veggietarian cooked food too) I got terrible 'burps' which I'm told is quite common. 

I thrilled that this Rawlicious booklet has been released though - it gives newbie thermomixers a big help with raw food.

Maybe you could try one raw meal a week and build from there - you might not get the upset tum.

Jenny H

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2009, 01:21:07 pm »
We had tacos tonight with mince made from rump steak, sauted with onion and taco seasoning (homemade), and the salted maple caramel ice cream for desert.

Yum  Trudy - are you able to post the taco seasoning recipe please?
Thanks!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2009, 01:24:00 pm »
i have a taco seasoning recipe on my blog ILB (though i think i need to change it now we're finished a batch)

trudy would love to see what you have in yours :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #1038 on: July 17, 2009, 02:20:31 pm »
most raw food upsets my tummy so i'm scared by the whole concept lol

Karen I was just wondering if you are celiac?  Or have a problem with wheat?  When I first started going to the Naturopath he took me off wheat, as it was blocking nutrients from being absorbed (I was having way too much), and he told me not to eat raw until my tummy healed.  I had to eat mostly soups, steamed veges, easy on my tummy stuff.  Now I've been off wheat for about 4 yrs, and don't have a problem with raw foods.  (Although I don't eat them all the time.)  Just wondered if your tummy is upset because it's been mucked up by wheat / gluten in your diet?

Haven't seen the new Rawlicious booklet yet - can't wait!

Today I made spelt tortillas for lunch (recipe here: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/2009/02/spelt-tortillas.html) and was going to make refried beans and salad to have in them, but ran out of time.  So I made scrambled eggs and warmed up the leftover fried rice, and we had that in them instead! Yum!
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 17, 2009, 03:09:47 pm »
i have a taco seasoning recipe on my blog ILB (though i think i need to change it now we're finished a batch)

trudy would love to see what you have in yours :)

Thanks Brazen

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 17, 2009, 11:20:02 pm »
jo, i've had the biopsy and am not coeliac (would have made life easier if i was lol). i don't seem to have a problem with wheat, dairy is the thing i've found so far and i also suspect issues with salicilylates (sp) and/or amines but havne't got around to going failsafe yet to work it out
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 18, 2009, 08:18:42 am »
Today I have made the Italian style shepherd's pie from the everyday cookbook, a batch of niki's spreadable butter, Thermomixers lemon butter ready for when I steam my chook in the varoma and also done the first stage of Thermomixers Chicken Croquettes in the varoma. Have now got a bit ahead of myself with meals so it will be pretty plain sailing for the next few days. How I love a nice quiet day in my kitchen with all my recipes with no interruptions from anyone.  Luckily for me, phone didn't ring to announce afternoon tea  visitors until after I had done everything I had wanted and my TM was nice and clean.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 18, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »
we are tonight having Mushroom risotto, just to make a change!! 

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 18, 2009, 12:43:06 pm »
lol ann

dh made ragu tonight. i made rice milk this mroning and that is it!
My Cooking Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 18, 2009, 01:43:30 pm »
jo, i've had the biopsy and am not coeliac (would have made life easier if i was lol). i don't seem to have a problem with wheat, dairy is the thing i've found so far and i also suspect issues with salicilylates (sp) and/or amines but havne't got around to going failsafe yet to work it out

This afternoon at a good ol' Tupperware party I found out that Sue Dengate is in Wangaratta at the end of August!!  Does anyone know if she has a Thermomix (no, not trying to line her up - just interested ) :)

Today made a trial run of the chocolate hazelnut pull-apart bread - still requires some tweaking. Has anyone made this before??  Also some choc chip cookies from EDC (couldn't help it after Brazens postings - used a rounded tsp of baking powder in stead of 10g bi carb or SR Flour  ;) - depending which recipe you seem to have).

Miss 3 at her fill of food at the tupperware party (all the "princesses" had a picnic in a bedroom) so all she wanted was a banana mikshake and I had some left over soup for dinner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 18, 2009, 02:07:56 pm »
I made the Chinese Steamed Buns from the Budget Busters book for dinner tonight. I couldn't really think of what to have with them so made a quick batch of vegie soup for the vegetable side of the meal. They were a little fiddly as this is the first time I've made them, but next time it will be quicker. We enjoyed them very much.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1046 on: July 18, 2009, 02:26:36 pm »
cookie1 - did the recipe have yeast in it?  They are a pain to make.

We have some ready mixed packets that just need water, milk and oil to be added - too easy.

I will post my recipe on here - let us know how it compares to the budget book.

You need to click on the Bun Pack. pdf  below to see the pack to buy

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 02:29:29 pm by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1047 on: July 18, 2009, 02:34:00 pm »
Went wild in the kitchen when I returned home from work this afternoon.

Needed some photos for different recipes so - cauliflower pilaf, cauliflower soup, cauliflower and chickpea patties and then prawns steamed in Varoma with prawn oil in pasta.

Tried tooooooo much, for research purposes - it's all your fault - and now feel ready to explode.

Hope to get the recipes down before I forget what ...... what? what was I doing ???  Oh never mind.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1048 on: July 19, 2009, 05:34:22 am »
I made the Chinese Steamed Buns from the Budget Busters book for dinner tonight. I couldn't really think of what to have with them so made a quick batch of vegie soup for the vegetable side of the meal. They were a little fiddly as this is the first time I've made them, but next time it will be quicker. We enjoyed them very much.

We loved them too Cookie, but they were a bit too time consuming for me to make often.
Chelsea  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 19, 2009, 10:26:23 am »
Tonight we had Thermomixers Chicken Croquettes & steamed vegies followed by the delightful rice pudding from the ECB - yummo as Karen would say ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.