Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 475555 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #1155 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:21 am »
Cheap & cheerful souds good to me.

Bedlam, I am really sorry to hear your not coming. If its respite, the dept will find it for you, you deserve a break.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 19, 2012, 12:14:09 am »
Denise I am sad things haven't worked out for you to come. I know you were looking forward to the break and I was looking forward to having a good old chat in the car on the way down  ;) Hopefully you are managing to get some time for yourself though. You are doing a marvellous job!!

Nope the de-gustataion meal is too much for me too - pocket and palate ... I just want to enjoy the company  :) :)

You sure are doing a fab job CP - even getting lost in the name of research  :P :P  :-* :-*
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 19, 2012, 12:14:43 am »
I don't even know what a de-gustation menu is, but since it sounds expesive I'm happy not to find out ;D
I would happy if we all bought a salad roll and sat in a park somewhere. As long as we're all together, I don't mind :D

I am sure we can do better than that Amy ;D. I am not flying all the way from Cairns not to experience all that the Margaret River  area has to offer. I think a salad sanger  packed  up on Thurs at 0430  might be a tad wilted by lunchtime on Fri.  :-))

Gert

Fair enough Gertie ;D
I was just expressing my amiability to go along with whatever is decided, as long as it doesn't break my student bank account :D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 19, 2012, 12:25:18 am »
No more cookbooks for you Amy until after the retreat!  ;D ;D

I am sure wherever we eat there will be food for every pocket. I am always happy to share a plate of something delicious so  long as I get the first bite. LO!!

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 19, 2012, 12:28:30 am »
Thats probably a good idea Gertie :-)) ;)
I'm happy to share my plate if its not delicious LOL ;D

mcmich

« Reply #1160 on: July 19, 2012, 12:44:39 am »
Thankyou CP for your continuing organisation.
No matter where we eat, the company will be good and I'm just looking forward to meeting everyone.
I'm sure there will be a wonderful place to eat that is a little more modestly priced.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 19, 2012, 01:18:14 am »
Just a little thought for you all for the retreat weekend lol .............

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 19, 2012, 01:21:06 am »
Still time to find a nice place with reasonably priced meals CP, keep at it - you are learning something everytime you do an exercise like this.  Great to hear you accidentally saw more of your beautiful state - now you can stop wondering.  Like Gert, I'd like a nice meal with a nice glass of wine but it doesn't have to be a big one seeing as we will be eating well that night also.  You'd think the wineries would jump at the opportunity to have so many turn up for lunch in the off season on a week day.

What have we got girls and boys, 5 weeks tomorrow - can't believe it is now within sight.  My DH had better behave himself and not throw a spanner in the works this end  :-))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:21:27 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 19, 2012, 01:30:14 am »
 some trades,businesses and restaurants will quote very high because they really dont want the job, and if they do get it they a laughing all the way to the bank   ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 19, 2012, 01:31:26 am »
My knees are knocking with excitement :D
I hope DH doesn't throw any spanners Judy :o

mcmich

« Reply #1165 on: July 19, 2012, 01:31:43 am »
Why is that Uni? Is it too much work for the return?

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 19, 2012, 01:51:40 am »
Michelle, it sort of standard..  well I've heard.. :)

Like if you book a function for a dinner verses a wedding, the prices jump.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 19, 2012, 01:56:27 am »
Denise I am so sorry that you can't make the weekend. We will toast you and the children one evening.

CP we got lost and had to use Tom a few years ago down that way. We saw lots of scenery. I think it was after we had been to Simmos and took a 'short cut' back to Margaret River. Thanks for your 'research'.
I truly don't mind re lunch. A big meal puts me to sleep in the afternoon, so watch out passengers. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 19, 2012, 02:01:26 am »
many reasons Mich, not much money in restaurants these days 2 many ppl pay with C/C  ;)

C P ask if it will be cheaper if cash is involed  ;)

And never mention the word wedding  :o
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 19, 2012, 02:22:15 am »
I said to the guy we are actually being penalised for booking ahead, and he replied its because its such a big group. Then what would happen if we came in small groups at a time - and he said that they wouldn't have a BIG table set aside for us. Had an answer for everything. I have the menu and I thought well we could even pre-order if that would solve their issue. He said I would have to talk to the woman in charge. This is consistent with a lot of Margaret River places when they get a good write up or get a medal for something. This place recently got a few stars from a very pinicky food writer, so thats where the degustation menu comes to hand so the chef gets to choose what you eat. When this place first opened up, we went there for a glass of wine and some nibblies and they were falling over themselves making us feel comfortable. I will talk to the lady today and see what goes down - and thanks for the tip uni I will ask if cash makes some difference. There are lots and lots of places. I just like this cos its small, has a pretty outlook, its on the way, and its in the loop for our little bit of touristy stops before going to Gracetown.

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand