Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198795 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2012, 06:45:29 am »
My friend was at Target early this morning and said there was heaps of people lined up. Maybe they were there to by the Bellini Kitchen Master :) ( or something else)
I probably would of gone to Target this morning if I could walk that far just to check it out. Oh well if they are any good I'm sure there will be more.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2012, 07:27:53 am »
Cookie, targets here are useless!!!

Hally I must agree. I think the one at Carousel probably only had a couple of machines to sell.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2012, 07:46:41 am »
There are nearly 300 Target stores in Australia, well 291 including  Target Country.  If each store sold an average of  5 then someone will be laughing and someone will be crying because those who really want aTMX will now wait and see .

Interesting that so many TMX owners bought them today.  The forum may be busy with reviews this weekend. If they did not have cookbooks then this and other web sites like  www.superkitchenmachine  will be busy. Tenina's publisher better get ready for some more sales. And they will all be wanting the wee cleaning brushes and spatulas from Helene's site.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2012, 08:29:31 am »
To jude and all those that have bought them i truly hope they are of benefit and not the waste of money i think they are.. Jude your daughter with all of those kids so little ai ai ai ...i hope it works out most for heras she sounds like he really needs the help.. Fingers and everything else is crossed lol

Cp why didnt you get. Thermochef instead?? T least you know they work fairly well..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2012, 09:05:32 am »
Trial 1: decided to make Basic Bread Recipe p65 of their recipe book. No questions asked, just straight from the book. First thing, they don't appear to have 37oC (remember they copied straight from the Fast & Easy) and only have 40oC. Second thing, their flour specified in the recipe was incorrect. The blades were not turning in a consistent pattern, so I thought I would bin this mix and start with my own recipe. Their recipe said 310g Flour, mine that I use is 500g (about average). Best to compare anyway with a recipe that I know how the bread turns out.

It says in the Dough setting (whatever that is on the machine, I suppose Sp 1 - 3) to use the Butterfly, so I did. The blades were still not turning consistently and seemed to take a while to "take off". I was watching very closely through the hole, and it started to smell a little like it was heating up but I didn't want to get that mixed up with the "newness" smell. A little trail of smoke out the back, and error message came up E3. Turned it off, grabbed the dough and put it in TM for this loaf.

Its a new day tomorrow, and will try something else.

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2012, 09:17:30 am »
Oh dear...I'm cringing just reading that.... Hope it gets better...

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2012, 09:26:19 am »
I hope things improve CP. At least it is under warranty.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2012, 09:29:07 am »
EEK!  :o
Best not to make bread in it then!

Could someone please tell my stubborn Mother that this Bellini is not an exact replica TM!   :-)) She will not listen to the differences I have pointed out, and persists that she can buy 7 of these machines in place of a TM  :-))....maybe I should tell her to go ahead and buy one, and make a loaf of bread first!  LOL.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2012, 09:31:56 am »
Maddy would definitely tell her tO buy one and very quickly she will realize the error of her ways.. Why not invite her round with her new bellini and make à few things together lol.., i know who Will have thé last laugh!

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2012, 09:35:52 am »
What a great mum Jude's your daughter does have her hands full, hope the machine can make her life a bit easier.
CP not a good start using your new machine, TM to the rescue :) maybe this machine can only cope with 300 g flour or there about's.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2012, 09:39:30 am »
Maybe this'll help to sell more TM's after all! Either from realising that you get what you pay for and nothing else comes close, or if it works well for a year or so, by convincing people that they use the machine enough to buy the real thing when they can afford to.
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2012, 09:44:50 am »
Oh dear CP thats not a good first impression so far. Hope tomorrow is better
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2012, 09:46:52 am »
I just can't see how the butterfly can knead the dough - is that really what they tell you to do for kneading.  Not a good start CP,  dough and risotto are the 2 things that will really test this machine.  I remember hearing of someone who did the original EDC version of risotto (since changed) and blew up busted their machine - that's with the powerful motor that we have.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2012, 09:47:55 am »
OMG! At least you now how to set things right when it goes horribly wrong CP. Imagine  the poor sods who are not used to TMX having these problems with Bellini. Oh dear indeed!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2012, 09:56:10 am »
And on Monday there may be a line up outside target to return the thing.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.