Author Topic: "In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"  (Read 41964 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: "In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 12:40:23 pm »
I ordered this book sight unseen from my consultant. she hasn't got back to me, and I am wondering whether I should cancel my order. I am more than happy with the forum recipes, and I have a huge collection of cook books which I hardly refer to and take up a lot of space. from what I have seen on the web, I cannot even read the contents cos the page view is so microscopic and therefore it doesn't make me curious or whet my appetite. a couple of pics or something would be nice, but yeah...disappointing. Tenina I am hoping you will be able to come thru for us  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 01:12:41 pm »
CP pm you a pic of the contents pages of the book - my brief post/review is self explanatory!!!!   :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 01:13:26 pm »
thanks johnro  :-*

Offline kylie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 12:27:37 pm »
I received my copy today. A very nice looking book, although I do like food photos in full glossy colour. Still, it's very well presented.
There are many recipes in here that I would have a try at, not to mention there are LOTS of recipes. I too like it much better than Full Steam Ahead.
For those of you like us who are gluten free - there are quite a few gluten free recipes or ones that could easily be adapted.
Now... for the real test - cook something from it!

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 06:50:07 am »
I have had this book for a few days now.  It is beautifully presented and full of interesting recipes.  I really like how the book is set out with highly imaginative and challenging recipes.  The recipes are easy to follow and clear.  The really clever part is that the recipes are in two or three parts which can be combined to create a restaurant type dish or made individually and enjoyed by the family.  Some of the sauces will be delicious on simply steamed fish or veggies. Cant wait to try the truffles!  I have had my TMX for about a year and have a son with a dairy allergy so use my TMX all the time.  I am looking forward to using these interesting recipes to take our food on a new culinary direction.  I think Dani has done an amazing job of giving us a great recipe book which is a little different and will provide kitchen inspiration for those of us who had TMX for a little while. THANK YOU Dani and well done!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 11:39:36 pm »
I agree Bootobethin!! And I can't wait to try the truffles too - with coconut cream instead of dairy cream :) Busy working on a dairy free double layer flourless chocolate fudge cake atm though, so no more chocolate for a while... :D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 11:48:02 pm »
That's an amazing sounding cake, Jo.  Will the recipe filter through at some stage?

Just starting to adjust to a lactose free menu so am avidly looking for inspiration (funnily enough, often from your blog!).  I made your lactose free lemon butter recently and it was gorgeous.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 03:38:50 am »
Frozzie, let me look after you.  I can go to the PO today and have the book weighed.  I can tell you it's a tome and a half.  I have only taken it to a few demos so far and it's given me such a workout I'm wondering whether I should carry two recipe book bags now instead of one.

I will try to finish posting the contents list for you in the meantime.  I started in good faith but I must have been doing it too late at night and had to give up for a break.

There is a Facebook page for the book which has published scans of the index pages but I find them totally illegible.  (Then again, I'm not as young as some...)

PM me with your home address please and I'll get it into the mail on Friday for you.

We dealers get hardly any margin from this publication and we are charged postage from headoffice bigtime.  But I'll spell out the details to you in PM later.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:01:35 pm by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 08:08:55 am »
thanks for the thought cecilia but I actually have several forum members who have already offered to get me a copy so I will deal with them...thanks again though  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 01:49:30 pm »
Cecelia,
The contents is listed on the In the Mix fb page isn't scanned - it has been typed out. See the posts dated October 2nd and 3rd.

Offline mairim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 05:50:14 pm »
I'd love to know how I could get a copy in the US, and what it would cost in (American) dollars including shipping.  The UK people say they're not getting copies until around Christmas.  I must confess, I love reading cookbooks, find them often more fun than reading professional anthropology journals (consider this said in a whisper).

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 12:59:27 am »
I must confess, I love reading cookbooks, find them often more fun than reading professional anthropology journals (consider this said in a whisper).

Same :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 03:03:19 am »
Shhh, me too. 
Another book I wqould love just to read is Adriano Zumbo's book. If I buy it I'll go and get it signed when he comes to Perth.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 06:02:13 am »
I'm a cookbook addict too!

Glad you're finding my blog helpful, Cuilidh - yes, I'll post that cake recipe as soon as I can... Here's a photo, did you see it on my FB page? Yum! Think I'd better go have some now!....

Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 10:16:20 am »
Jo that looks so delicious!!!!! :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.