Author Topic: Review Ravioli w/sweet ricotta filling & Lamb Ragout Pge 128 Full Steam Ahead  (Read 3901 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This review was posted by Sassafrass 6/9/11 in another section

Recipe Name: Ravioli with Sweet Ricotta Filling and Lamb Ragout
Book Name: Full Steam Ahead
Tweaking details: I wouldn't change a thing – however the recipe doesn't say to leave the ravioli, however my pasta maker suggested you leave the made ravioli for an hour to dry out before cooking (if you don't let it dry out it will all stick together in the steamer)
Review: Absolutely loved this.  It did take a long time for me to roll out the dough, but it was well worth it
Score: (out of 5*) 5 

I have read a very old link that said the pasta from the book doesn't make enough; however this feed 2 adults and 3 children (+ small lunch for husband next day).  The pasta needs to be rolled on the thinnest possible setting (I used 8 ), and it made 60 ravioli's.  I have also read questions about what flour to use, I used normal plain flour (Australian) with no problems.
Sassafrass
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
We had this for dinner tonight. Pasta making whilst fun isn't something I've mastered as yet. It seemed to take me ages to make the ravioli and I broke my ravioli press thingie in the process. But it tasted delicious and we both enjoyed it.

I left out the teaspoon of sugar from the ricotta filling, as my Dh hates anything sweet in his savoury food. I added some frozen spinach (defrosted & squeezed of all the excess water) to the ricotta mix. I added some vegie stock and a splash of Worcester sauce to the ragu, as the recipe didn't really have much seasoning in the sauce. The ragu was quite thick, so if I made it again I'd add more water than the recipe says.

It was nice to cook something from this book and good to use the Varoma.

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Looks delicious Katie. 8) Shame you broke your ravioli press :P
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It looks great Katie.  Your box of previously unused cutters is now down to 2, better luck with the other 2  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
I love this recipe. It's the only one I've made from this book. I just went out to dinner at a Melbourne 'institution'  having same version and gave it 6/10. I give this recipe 9/10
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand