Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860742 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38265 on: January 11, 2020, 11:59:40 am »
Happy anniversary Chookie and Ral , hope you had a great evening.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38266 on: January 11, 2020, 07:17:11 pm »
Happy Anniversary Chookie and Ral.

Gert you are looking fabulous.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38267 on: January 11, 2020, 09:17:48 pm »
Thanks for all the good wishes for our Anniversary. We had a lovely night out. 
Cool today.  Lovely.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38268 on: January 12, 2020, 10:19:34 pm »
Smoke around today.  It is horrible.  Feel for those people caught in thick smoke.
GD and DD are organising the Ballarat Dentists to donate gloves, sterile dressings and antiseptic to go to the animal rescue Centers. People are unaware that the whole of. Victoria, except for Melbourne, is designated bushfire area.  Not a comfortable feeling.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38269 on: January 12, 2020, 10:46:47 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Another smokey day here too.
Chookie, well done to your GD and DD for organising medical items for the animal rescue centres.   
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38270 on: January 12, 2020, 11:12:23 pm »
Pretty nice morning here.  Heading for 35 today then cooler I think.  Enjoy your day everyone.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38271 on: January 13, 2020, 06:27:23 am »
Smoke around today.  It is horrible.  Feel for those people caught in thick smoke.
GD and DD are organising the Ballarat Dentists to donate gloves, sterile dressings and antiseptic to go to the animal rescue Centers. People are unaware that the whole of. Victoria, except for Melbourne, is designated bushfire area.  Not a comfortable feeling.

That is brilliant Chookie. A friend works at one of the big hospitals here and it was decided to donate similar things that were out of date, eg syringes for the animals. It was all set to go when the second in charge of the hospital said no. They had to be thrown out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38272 on: January 13, 2020, 06:46:57 am »
Well done to your DD GD Chookie . When it is smoky like this I to think of how bad it would be in the thick smoke . Cookie politics of all the donated goods is rather daunting, all along I have said it is now the people affected by fires need things not when it is all sorted . So hard for people to accept things too , they always want to let someone whose off receive goods . My DS looks at the map of were the fires are meeting, it’s overwhelmingly huge .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38273 on: January 13, 2020, 07:14:05 am »

That is brilliant Chookie. A friend works at one of the big hospitals here and it was decided to donate similar things that were out of date, eg syringes for the animals. It was all set to go when the second in charge of the hospital said no. They had to be thrown out.
That bureaucracy is absolutely ridiculous, Cookie ... it would be understandable if the donated goods were for human use, but (without sounding totally hard hearted) I should imagine donating these things for the animals would be OK.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38274 on: January 13, 2020, 08:17:04 pm »
Well done to your DD and GD Chookie. The bush fires sound so alarming no wonder you feel uncomfortable. If only I could sent this heavy rain to you that is falling here tonight. It’s very noisy here in the van with it hammering on the roof.😳
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38275 on: January 13, 2020, 09:15:28 pm »
CC, what a lovely sound.  We could certainly do with some rain.  Hope you are coping ok and it is not holding up your building.
It is going to be warm today. GS is coming to help with some heavy gardening. 
Yesterday the Bee man came to service our hive.  We were worried that they were not coping with the very hot weather we have had.  He said not to worry until the temperature went over 42 degrees.  He brought us some complimentary honey.  I gave him some eggs, jam and SD crumpets.  All happy.
The Bushfire have destroyed 25% of Australian hives.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38276 on: January 14, 2020, 02:31:54 am »
Marina I'm sure using the out of date things for the animals would be ok. DD said they were all barely out of date, a few days maybe.
Chookie I saw a man on tv last night lo9oking at his devastated hives, so sad.
I just saw where the smoke in Melbourne is very bad. Stay inside if you can Marina.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38277 on: January 14, 2020, 02:51:53 am »
It’s great to hear of so many people doing their bit for bushfire victims, be that animals or humans.
It’s heartwarming to hear some of the things people are doing.  Well done to your DD Chookie and cookie, such a waste and a shame your friend’s efforts were thwarted by bureaucracy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38278 on: January 14, 2020, 10:04:45 am »
So hot today , unfortunately beautiful smoke haze sunset .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38279 on: January 14, 2020, 09:58:11 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts Cookie.  I didn't venture out the door yesterday at all - I was meant to go to gym but decided that could wait for another day.  Almost as smoky today as yesterday but hopefully there will be a reprieve this afternoon.  Couldn't hold off doing the washing any longer so I have a clothes drier full (hopefully) drying in the lounge.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.