Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9015578 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1515 on: September 13, 2009, 09:29:52 am »
Today I have made Swiss steak, steamed coconut custards and have some white buns rising at the moment - almost ready to bake to go with our leftover cabbage soup for tea. Will post the custards.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Ceee

• View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 13, 2009, 09:38:28 am »
The Date Loaf is in the oven, making the Potato Foccacia for a barbeque (braai) tonight. The marinade fo the kebabs and possibly a bolognaise sauce for the midweek supper.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 13, 2009, 10:08:43 am »
I made an interesting herb & garlic pull apart.  I got the recipe from my consultant who made it at a demo I went to a couple of weeks ago. 

After making the dough in the TM and resting to prove for a while, you press it out to a rectangle and cover it with garlic & parsley butter (made in the TM earlier) then cut it into strips.  Then you put the strips on top of each other, on a baking paper lined tray, then gently let fall to one side and bake in the oven for about 40 mins.  The end result is long pieces that you pull off. 

Just needed more garlic in the butter than what I put in, erred on the side of caution, but it did need more, so have made a note for next time.  Also I only made half the quantity and it was enough for us today.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 13, 2009, 11:07:21 am »
Interesting concept JulieO - glad you had a photo otherwise I wouldn't have understood what you meant. ;) ;)

Offline theaddamsfamily

• View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 14, 2009, 03:02:45 am »
That sounds really nice JulieO.  Would you mind posting the whole recipe for me, I'm a newby at this?  Thanks.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #1520 on: September 14, 2009, 09:57:40 am »
Protein shake for breakfast this morning, then chopped onion, carrot, bread crumbs and fennel seeds (not all together) to go into Pork and Fennel sausage rolls from this months "delicious" mag.
I was going to make the EDC Rough Puff Pastry, but didn't have any lard - bugger.
Oh, well ... next time! ;D
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 14, 2009, 12:26:44 pm »
theaddamsfamily, I will post in the breads section for you.  :)

Today I used the TM for a number of things, firstly to whip up some cream for a chocolate roll I made this morning (also made strawberry jam last night to use in the roll under the strawberries & cream).  Later I toasted some spices before grinding down to powder for a meal I was making for tea (coconut lamb curry - was in July 09 Delicious mag -  which was absolutely delicious).  Made garlic rice and Tenina's naan bread to serve with it.   ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 14, 2009, 01:04:32 pm »
Gorgeous food JulieO - did you convert them for the TMX?

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 14, 2009, 01:18:33 pm »
Yumo Julie
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 14, 2009, 01:43:08 pm »
Thankyou Judy and Meagan  ;D

Judy, all the recipes I made today were new ones so except for the roasting & grinding of the spices to make the curry powder, I cooked the curry on the stove top as it was a slow simmer for 1 1/2 hours, wanted to see what it turned out like.  It was really nice and I will attempt to do in the TM the next time I make it.  I have enough of the curry powder left over to do another lot anyway.  The garlic rice and naan bread dough were done in the TM, as was the strawberry jam and the whipped cream for the cake.  I used my KA for the sponge. (tasted like black forest cake once it was chilled, lovely.)

Julie.

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: September 14, 2009, 02:28:57 pm »
Wow JulieO that food looks amazing!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 14, 2009, 03:46:14 pm »
Julie do you ever have the same meal twice in your house? Your food looks so delish!!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 14, 2009, 04:21:34 pm »
Thankyou Green  :)

Meagan, I must admit nearly every evening meal is a new recipe, there's just too many recipes I see that I want to make LOL, but now and then I get the urge for something I've made previously.  :)

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 14, 2009, 11:47:30 pm »
Amazing photos JulieO!!!!
Barbara

Offline LynnInColorado

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 15, 2009, 03:17:15 am »
FIRST TRY...Beef Stroganoff
I'm very pleased that I managed to make Vegetable Stock Concentrate on the weekend (no salt and frozen in ice cube trays) and Beef Stroganoff tonight!  I checked to make sure the meat was done when time was up, but didn't notice how thin the sauce was even though it was kept warm in the mixing bowl for 20 minutes before serving.  Next time I'll use less liquid and less cayenne.  Any other suggestions?  I appreciate this forum so much!!