Author Topic: Release of Thermomix in USA  (Read 16215 times)

Offline Melissa USA Consultant

• View Profile
Re: Release of Thermomix in USA
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 03:24:40 pm »
The price for the Thermomix TM5 in the USA remains at $1299, with free shipping and sales tax only in California and Texas. I have heard that the price will be going up at some point in the future. (Rumor has it that this will be late summer or early fall, but that is honestly just rumor, I have no specific knowledge.)

Are their any USA users on this forum who have bought in the US to date? I'd love to hear how it is going for you.

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 02:43:13 am »
Melissa is that American or Australian dollars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 06:04:57 pm »
The Thermomix TM5 in the USA is $1299 in American dollars. Sorry for any confusion!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 09:10:34 pm »
That's $1,767 Aussie dollars at today's exchange rate!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:28 pm »
UPDATE: I learned yesterday that the number of states in the US charging sales tax on the Thermomix has increased. Originally, only CA and TX charged sales tax, but I believe NY, NJ, MD and DC are also charging sales tax now. The amount of sales tax differs by state and municipality, but for anyone considering a purchase, it is worth noting the change.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 07:33:34 pm »
Thanks for the update Melissa
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Azure111

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 08:48:07 pm »
I paid less than $1299 (not much less though) for my TM31 which is wired properly for the North American market.  Aside from worrying about future parts availability, I have been really happy with the TM31.  Personally I don't get the appeal of the recipe chip on the TM5 but I suppose that is an attractive feature to many people.

I would really like to see the thermomix take off in the US, then we can see more support, more accessories like the thermoserver (I bought mine from ebay Australia), actual American thermomix cookbooks.  Don't get me wrong, I like to make European dishes like borscht soup in my Thermomix once in awhile but would certainly be more open to more American recipes.  I find many of the European recipes rather bland and have to spice it up some more.  A lot of my cooking in the thermomix is of my own trial and error or adaption of regular American recipes into the thermomix process.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 09:04:48 pm »
Azure111, I have heard similar thoughts from many people across the US who are waiting for more US-focused cookbooks and recipe chips. Thermomix USA did release 2 cook "booklets" early this month, specifically for the US market. One is based on traditional US recipes (key lime pie, shrimp & grits, meatloaf, etc.) the other is a gluten free cookbook. They also have a larger US cookbook and recipe chip coming out sometime early next year.