Author Topic: Steak Diane Sauce  (Read 43408 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Steak Diane Sauce
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 01:26:02 am »
Would never have though to whip it up to go with a roast Sharon, thanks for that, glad you enjoyed it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 09:15:26 am »
finally made this tonight to go with our Porterhouse steak. Thumbs up Judy this is really yummy. Will be making again and again and again.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 10:53:47 am »
This is what I wanted to make on the weekend when my DH insisted on the pepper sauce which turned out to be a disaster. Will insist on this next time.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 11:19:18 am »
This is what I wanted to make on the weekend when my DH insisted on the pepper sauce which turned out to be a disaster.

Lol.....had many failures with that one too twitterpated!

Made the Dianne sauce tonight, and liked it.
For personal taste, I will reduce the tomato sauce next time  :)
I did add the bacon, and used turbo a few times to get it really smooth.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 09:21:09 am »
Did you use this recipe? Did you make any tweaks? My DH still reminds me of the one thing I haven't managed to make in the TMX. I want to be able to make him eat his words sauce.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 10:30:10 am »
I did follow the recipe, but I do have a confession......I have never actually ordered Dianne sauce with steak.....ever!  I always go for mushroom....so I really can't compare the flavours  :P
Not sure if  it was the tomato sauce I used, but I found that flavour came through strongly.
Next time I will try 1 Tbsp...and see how we go  ;)

As for pepper sauce.....would LOVE for someone to highly recommend one!
I'm afraid I now have a pepper sauce complex, after the amount of attempts trying to make that  #@$%#$#  sauce!  :-[
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 12:17:46 pm »
Maddy,
For pepper sauce, I haven't tried it in the TMX, but this is what I do on the stove and it's yummmyyy, so you could always try in the TMX if you like, but here goes.

I chop an onion and fry in a little butter until transluscent
Then I add some freshly ground black pepper
Then I add some whole peppercorns  (depends how peppery you like it but I usually throw in about 2 tablespoons)
Then I add cream (about 600ml, sometimes I do less if it's only two of us but it does reduce quite considerably)

Then I let it simmer away until it thins out and then thickens again and turns a darker colour (kind of like a caramel kind of colour). If it splits and goes oily, just add a little more cream to bring it back together (not too much though).

It's really yummy and tastes a lot like the pepper sauce we've had when we're out.

Hope this helps,
Debbie

Offline wombat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 07:52:54 am »
Had this for dinner last night with scotch fillet steak on the bbq and varoma veges.  It was fantastic. We always keep a little packet of steak diane sauce in the cupboard so couldnt wait to try this one out.  No fat, sugar or nasties....we were all really impressed. ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 10:43:49 am »
Good to hear wombat.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 08:23:16 pm »
Then I add some whole peppercorns  (depends how peppery you like it but I usually throw in about 2 tablespoons)

Hi Debbie,

just wondering if you use black or green peppercorns whole?  I have never mastered this sauce and as it is my DHs favourite would love to give it a go  :-*

Sharon
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline Mrs KK

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 02:26:13 pm »
We tried this tonight with bbq'd t-bones and it was delightful. I took advice of others and reduced the tomato sauce, included the bacon, substituted the cream with reduced fat philly cooking cream & it was perfect for us. Thanks JD for a yummy sauce  :)

Offline LeaW21

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 07:56:43 am »
And of course there's a thermie recipe for Dianne Sauce!!! Yummmmy will be giving this a go tonight :)

And a "bump" for newbies like me who missed this thread

Offline arcadia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 09:18:48 am »
Thanks for bumping.

Have just made this to go with some rib fillet steak.  I added 2 tbsp brandy and reduced the tomato sauce to 1.5tbsp, and also added bacon.

The taste I have had is delicious.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 09:50:10 am »
I love seeing old recipes bumped - thanks girls, glad you have enjoyed this one.

Offline JosieJo2000

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 09:45:13 am »
Made this tonight after a green peppercorn sauce disaster (seems like a few of us are having those??  ;) ). It was absolutely beautiful! I used two Tablespoons of homemade tomato sauce (my sauce is quite mild and sweet), 2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce and...this is probably a Diane Sauce sin...added a teaspoon of cornflour before the final blitz to thicken it a bit. We did the bacon version.

Made a rather ordinary dinner (steak and veggies) seem rather gourmet, thanks so much for sharing! I haven't had Steak Diane in years.