Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012765 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
The Happy Thread
« on: June 26, 2012, 06:03:27 am »
I have been inspired to start this thread by the wonderfully positive and inspirational people on this forum. I'd love for everyone to join in if they want to :)

The idea is simple: post something (or everything!) that happened in your day that made you smile :)

It can be silly, it can be weird, it can be as simple as hearing a bird sing outside your window. Lets just share some happiness :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:45:50 pm by Amy :-) »

stacelee

Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:25:48 am »
Okay...I'll play this game and start with something really sappy.  The first thing that made me smile this morning was the sound of my son's voice on the phone at 5am.  He sounds happy and that made me happy.  The second thing that made me smile was my husband rolling over and cuddling me....we have been together for nearly twenty years and I still can't imagine ever wanting to wake up anywhere but next to him.....told you it was sappy!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 06:30:12 am »
Not at all stacelee ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:33:09 am »
My first coffee of the day at 6am.
 ;D

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

stacelee

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 06:40:00 am »
That rates up there pretty highly too...particularly if you don't have to make it.....I scored well last night and this morning....DH brought me a chai last night in bed and this morning a latte, and then the feral fairy brought me a choc chip chai tea.....gotta love school holidays and late starts.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 07:11:38 am »
Mine is kinda sappy too.

Went to make a cup of tea first thing this morning (DH at work), and I found a little note in my cup, just saying "I love you" with a heart and kisses.  He knew it would be the first thing I would do.

Later he rang to see how I was and I said I'm feeling really tired and cbb today, he asked if I'd eaten and I said no just the tea but for some reason I really felt like a cornish pasty  ??? Can't explain that, been ages since I've had one.  Anyway we said our goodbyes and about 20 mins later he came in carrying one.  :o  He'd been and bought one in his lunch break and brought it home for me.  :-*

I shouldn't be surprised as he does lovely things for me all the time and I spoil him too.  We've been together 33 years.  :D

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 07:21:00 am »
So many of us have wonderful DH's.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 07:28:50 am »
The first that made me smile was when DS woke up saying "Good morning mummy, I hope you had a good night sleep". He is so caring and then he made me a cup of coffee.
Got to work and when DH saw me pulling up, he made me a cup of coffee.
This afternoon DS teacher informs me that she would like to have a meeting with me start of next term. She has developed a special program for DS.
Looking forward to what tonight brings.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 08:27:06 am »
what thoughtful DH's you have!

My first smile was looking at all the dirty dishes from last nights meal that were kindly left for me.
My next smile was for my cat, she follows me around watching everything I do, and loves to sit above the kitchen sink and watch while I cook and wash dishes.
Following this, I had to laugh at this joke:

I took the wife to a disco at the weekend. There was a guy on the dance floor giving it everything he had; break dancing, moon walking, back flips, the works.

My wife turned to me and said, "See that guy? 25 years ago he proposed to me and I turned him down."

I said, "Looks like he's still f*****g celebrating!"

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 08:34:43 am »
Wow, all these DH's sound wonderful everyone! Its lovely to know that so many of you having loving, caring relationships :D

DG your son sounds adorable :)

CP.... what can I say except ROFL ;D ;D ;D

mcmich

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 08:36:30 am »
[I took the wife to a disco at the weekend. There was a guy on the dance floor giving it everything he had; break dancing, moon walking, back flips, the works.

My wife turned to me and said, "See that guy? 25 years ago he proposed to me and I turned him down."

I said, "Looks like he's still f*****g celebrating!"

;D ;D ;D This is my 5.30pm smile that's going to last and last.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 10:05:05 am »
I'm a very spoiled wife as DH always puts my breakfast in front of me every morning. Gotta love him. We've been married nearly 40 years and together 44.

The first thing to make me smile this morning wass our weiro. After I got up he demanded loudly that I go and say hello to him. He then says'hello darling' to me and gives me lots of kisses.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 10:15:10 am »
You're not spoiled....you're appreciated.....you obviously have a fantastic relationship.  I hope my husband and I are still appreciating each other in another 24 years (although if he keeps deciding at 5.45 that we MUST clean our offices before we go home, I may have to scone him with the mop!)

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 10:40:08 am »

Amy, that is a nice thread.

Looking out of my window  this morning and seeing  the snow covered mountain and a blue wren drinking from the bird bath we just put in our garden:)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 11:53:25 am »
What a great thread Amy - a positive one. Maybe we can expand it to anything that made you smile today.

Mine is the cheeky smiles and sounds my baby daughter gives me. She's so happy most of the day.