Author Topic: Menu Ideas for a High Tea Wedding Reception  (Read 4263 times)

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
Menu Ideas for a High Tea Wedding Reception
« on: December 10, 2012, 08:21:40 am »
Hi All - sorry I've been missing in action for the last couple of months, a few family dramas but it should all work itself out.

Anyway on a happier note, I've started planning my wedding for March 2014.  We have decided on a family friendly wedding during the day so we are having a High Tea themed wedding.  Due to budget restrictions we will be having it at home and doing the catering ourselves.  I've been busy visiting op shops for vintage china (cups/saucers/small plates) all mismatched, cut glass champagne glasses etc.  Have searched through Mum's cupboards and found a swag of lace table clothes etc. 

Which leads me to this to this topic.  I'm looking for ideas for savoury finger food (cold and hot) (which will be passed around) and dessert finger food (which will be set up on a table)  I'm hoping the TMX will be getting a good workout in the lead up to the wedding.

Thanks for your help - I know there is a wealth of information here.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Menu Ideas for a High Tea Wedding Reception
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43:37 am »
How exciting for you keiramax.  Johnro is the wedding sweets caterer guru, have a look towards the bottom of this page for a display and then mention of what she did.  I'm sure there is another photo somewhere too so will search for that as well.
Here it is and this is a description of what she usually does.

"To cater for the 140 guests I followed a similar format to the wedding last year with - (for the candy bar)  - 8 batches of both cookies and cream fudge as well as choc fudge, 2 batches rara's cherry bites, 2 batches tim tam treats which I dipped in white choc. oreo pops, 2 batches of different types of rocky road.  The desserts were - double lots of 3 types cheesecakes which were made in rectangular baking trays, macadamia, raspberry blondies X 2 and sour cream and apple slice x 2."    
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:49:07 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 08:50:28 am »
Thanks Judy.  Johnro the dessert buffet looks beautiful.  I've been collecting and looking through everyone's cupboards to find cake stands and pretty serving platters.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 09:57:03 am »
How exciting for you keiramax. I'm sure it will all go well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 08:45:18 pm »
Yes it sounds very thrilling and there is so much help and experience on here.
Have fun planning  ;D

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:02:50 pm »
Thanks Judy for finding the links. 

I'm in the process of developing a spreadsheet of ideas that I can try over the year, work out quantities, whether they freeze well, how long they take to make etc. 

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 01:05:21 am »
sounds fun
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url