Author Topic: Steamed Garlic Rice  (Read 97276 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Steamed Garlic Rice
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 04:00:14 pm »
the problem is that when i serve them rice they won't eat anything else, jsut the rice. so i've started having to tell them they aren't allowed to have seconds (thirds, fourths lol) unless they eat some of the rest of their food too!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 04:19:27 pm »
KIDS!! grrr..... we have to do the same with a lot of stuff, oh and no more drinks until you eat more dinner is another one  :-)) :-))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 12:42:08 am »
By the way, you can up it to 400g, that it the max. amount. Same water etc, may just help you that extra bit ! ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 01:33:29 pm »
I am sure this is the dumbest question in history but do you blitz the garlic before starting or leave them whole?

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 05:29:45 pm »
Hi Snoozie, no problem! Yes, although you will find that 3 mins speed 4 Varoma will blitz the garlic beautifully, then add water and then the rice (dont forget to put the basket in!) Guess who forgot that once! ??? ??? :-)) :-))
Amanda

Spain

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 03:19:24 am »
I pondered that one for ages as well Snoozie.  It wasn't until I made it that I realised speed 4 would blitz the garlic perfectly.  :)

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 04:25:17 am »
hehe well I'm still waiting for mine *sulk*

I ordered it last Friday so where is it?!  :D :D :D

Now I'm trying to source ingredients and am like damnnnn seasonal produce lmao  So much stuff to learn! :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 07:19:37 am »
It will soon all become second nature Snoozie. Although it does seem scarey at first. Hope it's not too long in coming.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 01:41:01 pm »
hehe it arrived tonight and I'm not sure if it's not broken already :/

Have to wait til tomorrow to find out.

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 01:54:34 pm »
OH DEAR - what has happened??!!  :o :o :o :'( after all the excitement and the waiting and now you can't use it?!!!!

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 02:06:13 pm »
I cooked dinner, steamed veges and made custard.  I undid the blade like shown to wash the custard off it (was really thick because I put a bit too much cornflour in).  Anyways I got distracted and then I decided to make one of the drinks in the book so I put the blade back in, filled it up with water and thought I'd spin it to dislodge the custard a bit before wiping it clean.

I forgot to put the base back on and when I realised I pulled it away from the machine and the vast majority of the water went on the floor lmao but some of it also went into that bottom section (from where I had tried to connect it) and fell on the table and went under the machine as I was pulling it away.  I didn't think too much of it just turned it off and got a tea towel to dry the bit where the jug connects and got DH to lift it so I could pat dry underneath the machine and dry the table so I could put it back down. 

Went to turn it back on and it shorted out the power to my house.

Rang consultant nearly in tears lolol poor guy.  That and it took me 3 goes to get through as my mobile has crap reception where we live lol  He's going to call me again tomorrow after speaking to GL.

I don't know why as the amount of water that would've got to it was not significant (or I wouldn't have turned it back on!).  I'm hoping it will be okay in the morning... I mean, we haven't even had a naming ceremony or anything!!!!!

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 02:18:06 pm »
Well, I can assure you that you are not the first person to do that and you won't be the last, there are post's on here about it!!!!

TMX is designed so that any liquid runs away from all the important bits generally so unless you really flooded everything should hopefully be ok for you.

Most homes now days are really sensitive with the circuit switches and it could have just been all the moisture around. Give it the night to dry out and try again in the morning.

Otherwise I hope you have good contents insurance  ;)

Just think when it all works in the morning (yes I am a positive person lol) you can have a double celebration!!  :o :o

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 02:23:42 pm »
After I calmed down (had a big cry on another forum lol) I realised that the amount of water involved wouldn't have even blown up my el cheapo kettle so I am feeling somewhat positive that it will be okay.  I only put a litre in and my floor got most of it! Was just the icing on the cake for a bad day unfortunately and I was so excited... had plans to make scones after the drink and lemon butter and probably after that I was going to raid my pantry to see what else I could concoct!

So it's sitting on a bath towel in the kitchen now just to make sure every bit of moisture is getting sucked up!

Tomorrow I will make myself some coffee liqueur I think lmao!  Not that I can drink it but hey! It's the thought that counts lol

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 05:05:59 pm »
Hey snoozie! what bad luck, on your first night too! My Mum (bless her) thought she would put Clatter back together and forgot to put the base on, and I didnt realise. I even cooked a Bolognaise sauce in it, I was gobsmacked, when I went to pour it out that I had cooked  in it without it being properly assembled! However, fortunately mine was ok, must have been the speed soft which stopped it all poring out! Don't worry I am sure that it will all dry out perfectly! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 12:49:44 am »
Snoozie - been there done that!! Have it recorded somewhere on here  :-[  Don't lose the enthusiasm gal!! - just pick up where you left off and remember to put the base on this time . :-* ;) :)