Author Topic: How long have you had a TM and what convinced you to buy?  (Read 13978 times)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
Re: How long have you had a TM and what convinced you to buy?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 12:54:11 am »
I've had mine since mid-2008 (I think, not really sure) and had heard about it some months earlier.  As soon as I heard what sort of machine it was I knew I'd want one, so resisted the urge to actually view it myself for some time as I had only just bought myself a new KitchenAid.  Eventually I succumbed to the lure of the TM and had a demo - the rest is history!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline shanmac

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 02:32:01 am »
Wow you guys really make it hard - I'm still researching & trying to convince my husband, but the more time I spend on this forum I feel my resolve melting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shannon, Bendigo Victoria - mum of 4

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 03:45:55 am »
Sorry shanmac  ;D. But it's hard to shake the bug once you find out about how brilliant the TM's are. Even if it takes a couple of years to actually get one, once you show interest in getting a TM then eventually I thing you just got to have one.
And once you have a TM then you can't live without them.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 04:07:56 am »
I'm loving reading these stories!!!

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 06:11:21 am »
Me too. It's interesting to see how people come to the decision to buy a TM. I just received my second bowl and blade set 7.5 months after I brought my TM.  ;D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 08:45:24 am »
Yay Dede it arrived,am also loving this thread
Denise

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 01:36:13 pm »
What a great thread. I love hearing what persuaded people to buy.

I first saw a TMX on Masterchef last year when George briefly used it during a Masterclass. It was just a quick few seconds and he kept moving along with whatever the next recipe step was over at the bench.

I didn't think anything more of it until last November when I had breakfast with a few fellow teachers at our kids' club. One of them mentioned that she was very excited that she was getting a TMX for Christmas. I wondered what this thing was, so went home and explored the internet for information. I found out there was going to be a B2B class on in Sydney in January, a couple of hours' drive from us, so DH & I made a night of it, and were impressed by what we saw. I knew I'd like one, but thought it'd be a few months before I thought seriously about it. Especially since we'd just had to replace the washing machine.

My name was passed on to a local consultant who rang a couple of days later. I told her that I'd be interested down the track, so she sent me an email with her details for when I was ready. I then became obsessed about it, and started to spend every spare moment on the net, watching videos, reading blogs, this forum, anything. Even to the point where if I couldn't sleep at night, I'd lie in bed surfing the net about the TMX on my phone. I eventually emailed the consultant to say I'd like to have another look and was she doing a demo anywhere. She gave me details but forgot to tell the host that I might come along. Consequently I got some very blank looks when I turned up with DH and the MIL in tow! The party was so noisy and chaotic with kids running everywhere and people chatting non-stop that my MIL turned her hearing aid off. However, I was totally sold. I'd been wanting to wean one DS off so much ice cream that was costing me a fortune, and realised this was it, not to mention all the other health benefits. I nagged at my DH for two days about how I wanted to get one. The final clincher was that for the month they were offering two Thermoservers instead of one with any purchase, and I knew I would use two.

DH said that if I bought it now, I'd have to pay the savings account back. So I got it at the beginning of March, invested some money with a stockbroker and began writing monthly options on those shares (I'd been meaning to do this for awhile - it just gave me the boost to get around to it). The option income means I've now repaid the savings account. Might have to use the same principle to get my second bowl ...
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 09:15:04 pm »
I received my second bowl today nearly 3 months after buying my TM31. It is strange that I never thought to buy a second bowl with my 3 previous models. All credit to the TM31!! ;D
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!