Author Topic: SHREK JUICE  (Read 29236 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: SHREK JUICE
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 11:12:48 am »
I bought Kale the other day at the Subiaco markets.  There is also a single origin diary supplier there that has a herd of Jersey cows, sells the milk in glass bottles and it has only been pasteurized. They also have very nice ice cream.

Great about the milk ... just wish there was someone a little closer on the south side.  :-\
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 11:23:12 am »

[/quote]

Great about the milk ... just wish there was someone a little closer on the south side.  :-\
[/quote]

The diary is called Sunnydale. Their office is in Nedlands. The might have a sale point south of the river if you give them a call.  They also do cream, yoghurt and flavoured milk.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 01:53:20 pm »
is that the dairy next to the vege section at the Subi farmers markets on Saturday mornings? or is it one of the other stalls?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 03:21:41 pm »
There is one that sells through the manning markets. Not sure of the name.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:45 pm »
At the moment in Melbourne you are Abe to buy Kales at Woolworths although the call it Tuscan cabbage.  I tried this juice in place of my normal green smoothie today and while nice I didn't feel I was getting enough of my fruit quota for the day. My standard morning smoothie at te moment has a small apple, an orange, half a banana, a few chunks of mango, almonds, chia, linseeds, sunflower seeds and about a quarter bunch of kale all mixed with water and ice. This keeps me going until lunch time and makes about 1 litre.  Just remember if using kale you do need to gie your body a rest and alternate with other greens if drinking them every day. I try and alternate with spinach or whatever else I can find that looks fresh.  While I can't say I love the smoothies I've certaianly seen the health improvements and also medical test results in the last six months to motivate me to drink them everyday.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 11:53:01 am »
is that the dairy next to the vege section at the Subi farmers markets on Saturday mornings? or is it one of the other stalls?

Yes CP that is the one. 

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 07:39:27 am »
Did anyone see the Fat, sick and nearly dead doco?? This is just the knd of juice that you could drink for the 'Reboot' revolution.  ;)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 08:37:00 am »
I've noticed kale in our local woolworths lately.

Watch the raised garden bed CP. We had our beetroot and strawberries eaten right back overnnight by caterpillars that came in from no where. We're having a real battle with them.

If you put a right angle trim around the edge of your raised boxes it stops them from getting in... Ill try and find a photo

While in search for a photo i discovered a tip that mentions crushed eggshells around the base of te plant .. Apparently slugs and snails wont venture onto tge sharp edges.. Will be trying tgat one once the weather warms up a bit.... Minus 7 this morning brrrrrrr
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »
We've had some pretty hot humid weather here of late Frozzie. Minus seven sounds good in theory.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 02:13:04 pm »
We've had some pretty hot humid weather here of late Frozzie. Minus seven sounds good in theory.

Gosh I dislike the cold but I would just about second that DD!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 04:57:50 pm »
Personally i prefer the heat anyday but thats prob because ive been lacking my yearly dose of heat nd sun for years 😄😄
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline jaclom

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 01:27:29 am »
Hi Nay Nay, I'm investigating it at the moment..  Wondering if thermie ok to use?  Sure it would have to be!!
Inspriational story....

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 03:37:27 am »
I had this documentary recommended to me last night so it's very strange that it's on here today. The big difference is that he recommends a juicer so that all the fibre is removed but I thought the fibre was the part of the fruit that is most beneficial. I might need to do some further research. I have a green smoothie everyday and have been thinking of doing a few days of nothing but smoothie's to see if I notice a difference.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 06:57:54 am »
I am doing a two week stint of Shrek juice/ green smoothie but only once a day. I don't think I can exist on a juice fast!

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 07:31:28 am »
It sure was a fantastic story but I have been wondering the same thing about the fibre???