Author Topic: MINI MACS  (Read 10528 times)

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
MINI MACS
« on: January 06, 2011, 06:16:53 am »

MINI MACS
I have to admit to a guilty pleasure, well about twice a year, to enjoying a Big Mac. I thought that, with the help of the TMX I could create a smaller version, which might also be healthy. My aim is also to make it simple and tasty. Gourmet Traveller says that this is to be the year of the Burger. I wanted to create a finger food burger that could be eaten as a snack.

First the Bun.

Preheat oven to 220o

This should be simple, so decided to use my 'No Fuss' bread recipe.
520g Laucke white flour mix, 3oog warm water and 2 teaspoons of dried yeast.

Mix and let double.
Flatten on bench to 1cm, and using a 6 cm. scone cutter, cut out 24 circles.
Place in well oiled muffin tins, and brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Let rise until double and place in preheated oven, 220o, bake for 10 - 15 mins, or until light brown on top.
If soft tops required, place rolls in a plastic bag, before they are completely cool.
If crisp tops required then let cool on wire rack.
These can be made the day before required.

Hamburger

After a great deal of reading and testing I found that plain fresh mince beef from the supermarket was best. Not the 5 star mince beef that I usually buy, but the cheaper one with more fat. The fat is necessary for the flavor and to stick them together.
DON'T add anything,
Form 60g, small scoops of mince beef into patties. Put on a plate and place in fridge until needed.

Prepare in dishes....

Buy tomatoes that will slice in rounds to the size of the rolls.
Break lettuce into pieces that will fit neatly over hamburger.
Coon Tasty or Bega tasty ,shaved to thin slices to fit hamburger.
Place Mayo. dill pickles. tomato or sweet chilli sauce,onion and mustard in dishes.

Heat 2 grills or pans and brush with oil.
When hot, form the hamburgers into rounds just slightly larger than the rolls. They will shrink a bit.
Place cut rolls, outside down and warm them in pan. Turn them to brown a bit on the cut side.
Turn hamburgers and immediately place a bit of cheese on the cooked surface. It will melt a bit. Don't over cook the hamburgers or they will dry out.

Place bottom of buns on a plate or tray, place a hamburger on top, then tomato then lettuce. Then top. I had to use a tooth pick to hold the top in place as I had made the pattie too large in the first test group. (see Photo)

The little rolls would make ideal dinner rolls, or little rolls for kids lunches. They also could be cooked for just 10 mins, frozen and then reheated in a hot oven.

Feel free to make the hamburger , larger or smaller.
Let everyone then add extras.

I think KFC and a vegetarian variety would be nice.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:25:12 am by achookwoman »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MINI MACS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:54:21 am »
Nice to see you come up with another favourite in the 'fast food' category Chookie.  The things you do for us are greatly appreciated, well done, they look great  :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:59:41 am »
Oh these look so cute!!! And a much easier way of not adding anything to the mince. I also only buy the 5star/premium mince but then normally add egg, tomato paste, worchestershire sauce, and S&P when I make burgers. I love the little rolls. They remind me of when DH and I went to the movies last year and had Gold Class tickets where you can have a meal in the movie. Well, we ordered satay sticks and also sliders (3 different flavoured mini burgers). The meal was sooo overpriced for what we got. Luckily the movie tickets were a gift!!! But these burgers.... They look so much better! Thanks Chookie for coming up with these.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:23:04 am »
A special meal in this house is 'make your own burgers'. We've even done it occasionally with some visitors. Chookie these cute little ones look really lovely. I'll try it next time when we have one particular lot of friends around.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 10:02:15 am »
Made these tonight with KFC.  tasted good.  The little rolls do look good,  and such an easy way to make them.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:04:53 am »
thanks chookie for posting another of your famous more tasty replica recipes  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:32:56 am »
oooh I think my girls might even take bread to school if I did them those little rolls.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 03:24:25 pm »
Oooo....have been meaning to make something like this for a while. Thanks so much for posting this Chookie. Looking forward to trying this!

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »
They look great chookie! I have stared buying the lesser grade mince now as well for patties etc as I agree the fat content is crucial to them sticking together and the 5 star mince turns out too dry. I only use better quality for bolognese etc. I can't wait to have a go at these ones however.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 03:57:52 pm »
yeah tru Merlin, if you really want the low fat mince you just grind it yourself, otherwise just stick to the recipe. Whats the diff between 3 star and 5 star? (Apart from a little fat between friends and a little moolah)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:28 pm »
 ;D ;D ;DExactly!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:32:35 pm »
Talking of lunch boxes,  my daughter has been making mini quiches in tiny silicon cups.  Individual ones that she pops in a small cup cake tray.   The GC love these as they are just a mouthful in each.  Shecan also put different  fillings in each hole.  When cool, the little cases come off easily.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 09:55:05 pm »
Now this is something my kids (and DH) would love.
The buns I made yesterday would of been ideal :)
I love the idea of putting them into muffin tins. I must try this. ;D
Yum
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 02:04:23 am »
 my son is going to love these

he love eating  mini food

thanks for posting this

South West WA AUSTRALIA

*suzanne*

Re: Re: MINI MACS
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:16 am »
just bumping this so I can print it tonight sounds great