Author Topic: Thanks goodness for the TMX  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Ninny

• View Profile
Thanks goodness for the TMX
« on: March 13, 2011, 10:28:00 pm »
After having all weekend to tell me, my DS tells me at 8pm last night that he needs a cake for the stall at school tomorrow! Now before I owned a TMX I would have lost the plot and not been happy, but in a calm voice I simply say " put the oven on and i'll make a batch of Rock Cakes"! He thought we would have had to stop at the shops this morning to buy something but that was in the old days. Now DS isn't overly appreciative, but when they were cooked he cuddled up to me and said "thanks Mum", it doesn't get much better than that!!! Jenny
Jenny ~ Lake Macquarie

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Re: Thanks goodness for the TMX
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:49 pm »
I second that!!!

This morning - one hour before we were due to leave to go on a big family picnic - the family who were supposed to be bringing a cake or biscuits said that they couldn't do it - so within 20 minutes I have got a batch of choc chip cookies in the oven!  And that is after already whipping up a batch of pizza scrolls as our contribution to the picnic. 

What a fantastic machine  ;D ;D ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Ninny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 05:45:57 am »
Here here KJH!!!
Jenny ~ Lake Macquarie

Offline Kath

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 12:15:14 am »
That's great Jenny!  :)

Offline virginiaqda

• Families are like fudge, the best ones have nuts!
    • View Profile
    • Virginia's Design
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:31:00 am »
jennyhavingfun...all I can say is Awwwwwww!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:28:25 am »
JHF,  thats nice. ;D

Offline GoneCrazY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 03:00:50 am »
After having all weekend to tell me, my DS tells me at 8pm last night that he needs a cake for the stall at school tomorrow! Now before I owned a TMX I would have lost the plot and not been happy, but in a calm voice I simply say " put the oven on and i'll make a batch of Rock Cakes"! He thought we would have had to stop at the shops this morning to buy something but that was in the old days. Now DS isn't overly appreciative, but when they were cooked he cuddled up to me and said "thanks Mum", it doesn't get much better than that!!! Jenny

lucky for the thermo then hey !!!!!!!!!!! ;D
I HAVE SOMETHING BAKING ...........................BUT IT WONT BE READY TILL FEB 2012 ;)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 04:58:03 am »
Great to hear.

Also very handy when you really want something chocolatey after tea and you haven't made dessert. I whipped up chocolate pots in next to no time and DD was astounded!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 06:55:35 am »
we like that tapioca dessert from Cyndi's book, although it takes 45 mins its very speshal
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand