Author Topic: What's on your Christmas 'must make' list?  (Read 11973 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What's on your Christmas 'must make' list?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 10:00:10 am »
Wonder,  will check out where the recipe is.  It certainly is a beauty.  It has quite a lot of carrot in it,  but you wouldn't know.
Had a very big surprise today.  Son and family came for lunch.  I offered them the Turkish Delight Cordial, and all loved it.  Will certainly be making this for Xmas now. 
Wonder, it is Christmas Pudding with carrots.  Makes a lot but can be scaled down. 
I have a big challenge this year.  We have a friend who can't have, dairy, eggs or grain.  I am going to make him a Xmas pud.  Will post the recipe if it is ok.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 11:29:57 pm »
This is very interesting as I have done the same thing for years. Might change this year as the extended family is now different and some of us are carrying some extra kilos :-))

I used to do a huge Christmas Eve dinner with glazed ham, 2 roast chickens with pistachio and cranberry stuffing and roast pork as well as roasted veg and other sides.

Christmas Day breakfast would always include ham and eggs. Lunch would be cold leftover meats with salads such as tropical coleslaw, 4 tomato salad, brown rice salad and a green salad. Dinner would then be leftover leftovers supplemented with dips and crudites and cheese platters and Christmas puds. We never seemed to be able to fit them in Christmas eve.

Might take it easy this year :)
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 09:25:09 am »
For nibbles you can't go past Julieo's spiced nuts. They make great gifts too, I'll be making some to give to teachers again this year. Sorry I'm on the iPad and can't link to the thread...
Melbourne, inner north

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 09:29:49 am »
Here it is Deb.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 09:46:13 am »
Thanks Judy, I knew you'd come to the rescue ;)
Melbourne, inner north