Author Topic: Hi from Canberra  (Read 10743 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Hi from Canberra
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 06:44:31 am »
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

i did some digital scrapping and loved it but my puter didn't :(
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 07:08:52 am »
I love that part about the flour lying down.

Digiscrapping is hopeless if you happen to have Vista and not much RAM.
Row

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 12:40:31 pm »
Hi Rowena
Don't hesitate to ask if you need assistance in the translating. Living in Spain for 20 years now! Originally from London.
My brother lives in Canberra too! Has done for about 15 years now I guess?
Welcome and you will love your THX. Mine is passion now! ;D
Amanda

Spain

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 12:43:42 pm »
Ah yes, I have 2 profiles... but I truly do mean to get rid of one! Just have to clear out the goodies from some applications. I am glad you figured out who the friends were. Now we can sleep at night.  :D

I do digital scrapping now, much better especially on the mess front.

The translations are certainly mind boggling.
I can be replaced the 2 you exceed of leavening by 3 soda waters d papelillos to my personally likes but thus.

The eggs and the sugar are fought 4 minutes, to 40º at speed 3. One becomes to beat 4 minutes at speed 3. One weighs the cream and he himself weight of oil and bat 15 seconds at speed 3. The flour lies down and the leavening and becomes to beat 10 seconds at average speed 3 and. It is put in a lubricated mold and one puts in the furnace previously warmed up 30 or 35 minutes to 180º

Whatever  ??? :D
These quotes are fantastic!!! Love it! Not a clue....not even me!!!! :o
You will have to post it in Spanish and I can translate it for you or send me the link etc.
Amanda

Spain

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 09:05:01 pm »
OK this is one:

Se baten los huevos y el azúcar 4 minutos, a 40º a velocidad 3. Se vuelve a batir 4 minutos a velocidad 3. Se pesa la nata y el mismo peso de aceite y se bate 15 segundos a velocidad 3. Se echa la harina y la levadura y se vuelve a batir 10 segundos a velocidad 3 y medio. Se pone en un molde engrasado y se mete en el horno previamente calentado 30 o 35 minutos a 180º

And the other is this:

Se pueden sustituir los 2 sobres de levadura por 3 gaseosas d papelillos a mi personalmente me gusta mas así.

I was only posting these for fun, though, so it's not imperative that you translate them.

1 sobre y medio de levadura royal
- is that yeast? It translates to Royal leavening  :D :D

Also, thanks for the welcome, Amanda :)
Row

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 07:48:32 am »
Welcome,  I know that you will enjoy this site as much as I do

Trudy

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 06:20:33 pm »
OK this is one:

Se baten los huevos y el azúcar 4 minutos, a 40º a velocidad 3. Se vuelve a batir 4 minutos a velocidad 3. Se pesa la nata y el mismo peso de aceite y se bate 15 segundos a velocidad 3. Se echa la harina y la levadura y se vuelve a batir 10 segundos a velocidad 3 y medio. Se pone en un molde engrasado y se mete en el horno previamente calentado 30 o 35 minutos a 180º

And the other is this:

Se pueden sustituir los 2 sobres de levadura por 3 gaseosas d papelillos a mi personalmente me gusta mas así.

I was only posting these for fun, though, so it's not imperative that you translate them.

1 sobre y medio de levadura royal
- is that yeast? It translates to Royal leavening  :D :D

Also, thanks for the welcome, Amanda :)
Beat the eggs and sugar 4 mins at 40º (TM31 37º) speed 3 and then repeat 4 mins speed 3 (no temp).
Weigh the cream and add the same amount of oil and mix 15 seconds speed 3. Incorporate flour and baking flour, 10 seconds on speed 3 and half. Place in greased dish/tin and preheated oven at 180º for 30/35mins.

Funny translations huh??? :D :D :D
Levadura Royal is Baking powder (brand Royal)
And as for the gaseosa, they sell that here beside the baking powders, is there a kind of raising agent called gasificante, or something like that????not too sure what it is, have seen it, but never used it ??? ??? ???
Amanda

Spain

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 09:44:31 pm »
Well there you go Amanda, it did make sense after all  ;D Thank you so much. Also for solving the royal mystery.

That gaseosa seems to have translated into soda water but I wouldn't trust that :D I'd just go for the baking powder!

Thank you for the welcome, Trudy. I already don't want to say what it says up the top under "total time logged in". And that doesn't include all the lurking before I registered!
Row

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 01:26:42 am »
Some of the translations are very funny - one to watch for is "flour power" as the translation for hard/strong/bakers' flour.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.