Author Topic: Corn and coriander fritters  (Read 5288 times)

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
Corn and coriander fritters
« on: April 08, 2012, 04:03:10 am »
Makes 10

Ingredients

1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
    1/2 cup (100g) rice flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 eggs
    4 spring onions,
    1 green chilli, seeds removed, finel
    1/2 cup coriander leaves, plus 1/4 cup coriander sprigs
    3 corn cobs, kernels sliced (I used 11/2 cup of defrosted frozen corn kernels)
    Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
    1 avocado, chopped
    1 tbs extra virgin olive oil (*I used chilli infused olive oil)
    black pepper

*cooked bacon and vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, to serve

Method

(Grill or pan-fry bacon and roast cherry tomatoes to have ready to garnish, if desired)

Chop the spring onion, chilli and 1/2 cup coriander, speed 5or 6 for a few seconds.

Add the flours, baking powder, eggs, and half the corn kernels to the tmx bowland mix,speed 6 for 15 seconds.  Add the remaining corn kernels and mix on  :-: for a few seconds until combined.

Heat 2cm sunflower oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. In batches and using 2 tbs batter for each fritter, add batter to frypan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.

Gently toss avocado with coriander sprigs and extra virgin olive oil. Season.

Serve fritters topped with bacon, roasted cherry tomatoes and avocado salsa.

I put them all on a big platter and it looked very pretty. 5 of us had 2 each, and then followed with a cinamon scroll (Bill Granger's recipe, adapted by Julie O, from the forum) and some thermomix fruit juice, it was a nice Easter Sunday Breakfast.  I got the recipe from Taste.com and I neglected to take a picture, but they looked exactly like the one on the taste page (Yay!) so I copied that one here too.

I used 1/2 cup of  rice flour as stipulated in the recipe, but I don't think it would be really necessary.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/28095/corn+coriander+fritters

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:14:58 am by Lellyj »
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Corn and coriander fritters
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:15:19 am »
sounds vey nice lelly, i would leave the coriander out and use flat leaf parsley, should still be nice i think  :-\
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 08:21:39 am »
Lellyj do you mean you could leave the rice flour out and increase the plain flour or leave this ingredient out completely. These sound really nice and unlike Uni, I love coriander.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:47:44 am »
I think you could probably just use more plain flour, Judy.  Can't see that the rice flour did anything special.

I really liked the coriander because I love it--wouldn't usualy put it with bacon though! But I'm sure flat leaved parsley would work fine too, Uni.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria