Author Topic: I hate ...  (Read 44073 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I hate ...
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »

There are just too many people who are willing to prey on others and the copper thefts (and other metals) are so egregious.  Many bronze plaques from veteran's graves have been stolen from several cemeteries in the L.A. area.  How low can one go to do this kind of act.  And why don't the scrap dealers refuse to accept this stuff? 
This has been happening in the UK as well Andie.I agree with you how can people get so low to act this way.They only get a few pounds for the plaques.I also agree with you, why do the dealers accept the stuff ??? ???
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: I hate ...
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2012, 09:44:14 pm »
That is low but they wouldnt be stealing it if nobody would buy it...i just find so much about human nature disappointing

We dont have that much crime where we are thankfully but get alot of passers by and some break ins as alot of people are at work so ideal for thieves (although more and more thieves are breaking in at night when people are asleep.. Creepy) anyway we put up a high fence and auto steel gate when we moved in but was more to kep the kids and dogs in but in the last two years the neighbours who didnt have fences and gates now have them...i think more and more people just want to feel secure and it must be very frustrating to have people steeling metal off homes or wherever they can find it...not to mention your private space being invaded...and the cost of replacing what has been damaged or stolen in the event that insurance doesnt cover it..

Whatever happened to morals and respect.. I find more and more its every man for himself... So sad :((
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/