Author Topic: Beetroot pomegranate salad from In the Mix Pge 77  (Read 21816 times)

Offline dyljon

• View Profile
Beetroot pomegranate salad from In the Mix Pge 77
« on: November 14, 2011, 07:15:35 am »
Hi - I really want this recipe, but cannot buy the book right now, would someone be kind enough to send me the recipe, pretty please??? I will buy the book one day, I promise, just can't afford it before Christmas!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:56:05 pm by judydawn »
Donella - Happy Valley SA

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Re: Beetroot pomegranate salad from In the Mix
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 09:02:04 am »
There's a copy of the recipe on the Facebook Page - you need to scroll down a bit to find it.

https://www.facebook.com/InTheMixGreatThermomixRecipes?sk=wall

Hope this helps  ;)

Offline dyljon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:05:32 am »
Thanks - found it! Not sure where I'm going to find pomegranate molasses around here though...

Bonsai

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 12:16:42 pm »
Hi Dyljon - not sure where you are in the world but I can buy pomegranate molasses in shops selling middle eastern foods or the 'multicultural' shops which sell a bit of everything plus bulk produce. You may find it in italian providores as well.

Offline korrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 10:27:03 pm »
Don't worry if you can't find the molasses - it tastes just fine without it. Try it and see.
Cooking is fun again with my TMX!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:46:35 pm »
dyljon, if you are in Australia and you don't mind ordering on-line, you can buy it from here.  This is where I get it from along with any spices I can't pick up locally.

http://www.gourmetshopper.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=276&cat=5&page=4

Offline dyljon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 12:08:23 am »
Thanks. I'm in Adelaide, and I just found on another forum that someone said there is a place in Thebarton that has it so will head there tomorrow. JulieO, I have got stuff from gourmetshopper before too, they are great! I want to make it this weekend though so need can't rely on post!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 02:04:17 am »
No worries, lucky you having somewhere not too far from home.  :D

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 03:43:39 am »
I have made this several times now since I got the book.  Had company this weekend and they thought they had died and gone to heaven.  They said it was the best beet salad they had ever had.  I had never heard of pomegranate molasses and have no idea where to get it.  The first time I just omitted it and the salad was very slightly bitter.  After that I just started adding a spalsh of pomegranate juice instead to sweeten it a little.  It helped a lot.  We love this salad.  The first time my 20 year old had 3 helpings and he hates beets. LOL

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 07:41:14 am »
There is a recipe for the pomegranate molasses here. Looks really easy to make. Might even be easier than trying to find it in a shop. I know it will be here.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 09:02:10 am »
There is a recipe for the pomegranate molasses here. Looks really easy to make. Might even be easier than trying to find it in a shop. I know it will be here.

Thanks for posting this - it looks as if it would be really easy to do in the TMX

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 10:24:33 am »
Just made some raspberry vinegar yesterday for another recipe so when I read this I thought there must be a way to make it as well. Glad I looked as I will make too - no hope of buying this locally here.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 02:24:23 am »

Thanks twitterpated.....I would love someone to be clever (and game enough) to  convert it to the tm......I'm a bit chicken.....I don't want to burn it in my jug  :P .....not saying I want someone else to have a burnt molasses mess in their jugs.....but I will wait with baited breath  ;D

I bought some from a gourmet store here, and it cost $10.95 for 100ml  :-)) I thought it was expensive, but the taste is quite unique and I think really adds to recipes.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 07:41:16 am »
Wow Maddy that's expensive. Haven't had a chance to have another look at it yet. Might have to revert to the ways of old and use a saucepan (shock, horror.....did I say that out loud?) just to be sure. I have no problems throwing away a saucepan (expensive as they are) but I'm not sure if I want to risk my bowl either. Might think on it for a while. Not going to get a chance this weekend so that'll give me some time to decide. Maybe in the meantime someone might come to our rescue.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 08:03:58 am »
From what I've seen it's usually around the $8.30 mark for 100 ml