Author Topic: "In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"  (Read 41951 times)

Offline DaniValent

• View Profile
Re: "In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2011, 10:55:12 am »
Would it be useful to you to have a high-quality pamphlet with information about the book?

best
dani

No, Dani, I don't believe so, but thank you for the idea.  People are just hanging out to see the real thing and the whole thing.  This month a lot of the demonstrations are for people who already have Thermomixes, as they are booking to get the bowl and blade offer, so they are all very interested in your book.

What I do regret, though, it that your publisher has gone for a matt finish instead of one that can be wiped clean.  If it were a standard A4 size, we could buy a plastic cover for it, but as it is, people are going to have to go and cover it in plastic themselves, if they are going to keep it in good condition in the kitchen.  I know you made it for the coffee table, but I'm sure you also want people to cook from it.  In your future print runs, maye you could talk to them about addressing that issue.

Hi Cecilia,

We'll definitely talk about it. I'm a fan of the matt finish myself. I think that glossy pages tend to stick together. I do want people to cook from the book - yes, you're absolutely right! Personally, I don't mind the odd splatter on a cookbook - to me it's a kind of visual diary of what I've been doing with it.

All best
dani

Offline DaniValent

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2011, 10:56:25 am »
This book refers a lot to using a siphon, does anyone know it is?

Hi CreamPuff,

As Quirky Cooking said, the siphon is a cream whipper - you buy little cartridges to charge it up. Easy to use and lots of fun!

best
dani

Offline Zelda

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2011, 11:09:46 am »

Here's a solution. Use dry uncooked chickpeas not canned. Increase the quantity of rice from 20 grams to 50 grams. Don't agitate the balls in the frypan until the submerged part is golden brown.

I wish I'd read this before I made these today but am thrilled to read Dani has made the above suggestion.
Clarification - use dry, uncooked chick peas...as in don't cook them?? I'm new to my TMX so still learning how powerful it is!

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2011, 06:25:24 am »
Rang my new thermie demonstrator (as my previous one is taking a break) and when she told me the price I said I will think about it. My DS7 is a very fussy eater and like DH only eats plain food. Just not sure how much use I will get out of it. 

What is MWOC?

Thank you

DG xxxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2011, 06:34:04 am »
MWOC is the My Way of Cooking cookbook - I love this book as each recipe has a photo.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2011, 11:50:52 am »
Thanks for replying, Dani! I didn't actually re-post the info from your facebook page, that was Katya! (Thanks Katya!)

Getting lots of positive feedback from customers about this book - I'd love to hear what else everyone's made. The virtual bacon dust is amazing - but I was worried when I saw the dashi powder had msg in it... thankfully we were able to find an organic one that doesn't - so keep an eye on that if you want to make the bacon dust.
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2011, 09:54:12 pm »
Can you still buy the MWOC My Way of Cooking cookbook?
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2011, 06:24:41 am »
Can you still buy the MWOC My Way of Cooking cookbook?

Yes, although not sure if there are many left - they're in the process of reprinting. But if you have an iphone/ipod/ipad you can buy the MWOC app which is handy - you can check it out here: http://www.thermomixapp.com/training/downloading-the-thermomix-app-in-itunes/
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2011, 03:00:01 am »
DG they must have more MWOC now because  I got one from my Mum and Dad for Christmas!! Yay so excited. Just got to find some free time to have a good browse through it.

Offline timfulford

• View Profile
    • ATamorecreations
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2011, 04:08:44 am »
Hi, I got this book for Christmas and have spent a lot of happy hours so far reading and looking at the recipes. I think it is an excellent book and I am looking forward to making my own takes on the recipes in the next few weeks.
The photography is excellent, no thats not fair it a more than excellent, its so inviting that you can almost smell the food on the pages (or is it really scratch and sniff printing?)
Three things which annoy me about most cook books, why matt finish (as others have said) it gets so tatty so quickly and why no book ribbons/markers and why are the page numbers so small?
Cook with all your heart and then friends and family will not be far away

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2012, 02:36:48 am »
This gorgeous looking book arrived in the mail yesterday, I have been reading through it and bookmarked many recipes to try!  If you are like me and a cookbook junkie, you will looooooove it.  The photography is amazing and makes me hungry just looking at them.  If you are a quick fix cook, dinner done and dusted within 30 minutes then a lot of these recipes prpbably won't appeal as there is a lot of prep time etc. but for anyone who loves to host the occasional dinner party or cook a romantic meal for two there are many wonderful ideas here to try.  As well as some different ones that I would never have thought to do in TMX, love black pudding but find it hard to purchase a good one anymore, and would you believe there is a recipe for one, YAY!

Sharon
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2012, 12:23:09 pm »
I succumbed and bought one too.

I love the look of it, but not sure I'd make very much from it.
We don't entertain and DH is a basic eater.

I'll probably make crumpets, maybe risotto balls, the granita for when we very rarely can get good oysters. I actually have methylcellulose for my Skinflint workshop so may try the Caulflower Sausages. Sour Orange Curry, Tenina's wraps with the Char Sui Pork, Spaghetti Bolognaise, Steamed Raspberry Puddings, Onion Jam Flan and some of the other 'bakes'. Maybe...

Mostly, I'll probably just look at it and imagine I've made some of the recipes. :P
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Herbal

• View Profile
    • In The Mix Tricks
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2012, 06:13:01 am »

Hi

I got the book about 10 days ago and I LOVE it.  I've regularly taken it down from the shelf and drooled over the pages.  I had marked about 20 things to try even on my first read through.

I'm much more impressed with this than MWOC and FSA!!  Lots more things that appeal to me as well.

And... I've undertaken a project... I'm cooking EVERY SINGLE ONE of the recipes over the next little while... so if you're interested in my progress and the tips and tricks I discover...have a look at www.inthemixtricks.com - I'd love your feedback!

Cheers,
Herbal
Herbal

Melbourne, Australia

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2012, 03:03:37 pm »
A bit Julie and Julia!! I'm just going to check out your blog now. Good luck!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 12:07:08 am »
Omg herbal your blog is so enticing. Good on you!!!!