Author Topic: A NYC "Hello"  (Read 8888 times)

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
Re: A NYC "Hello"
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 01:50:00 am »
Shoot! He's due tomorrow so there's no time. Actually, Indian is one I wouldn't do because there are a slew of Indian restaurants from different regions of India <1/2 mile southeast of me and I make it a point not to bother trying to duplicate ethnic cuisine if I can easily get it cheap, good, and prepared by natives (for an expensive city, there are a lot of excellent cheap eats to be found).  ;D What DOES interest me is the vegetarian cookbook and some of the booklets. It's all premature because I don't think I'll be acquiring this machine for a while but being prepared is good! I wanted my juicer for SUCH a long time and read so much about it and comments by so many owners that my learning curve's slope was very gentle when I finally got it.

The Queen visited a small English garden in the Financial District that's dedicated to the UK subjects who died in the 9/11 attack and that's where I saw her (I've avoided Ground Zero since the attack and I don't think I could have seen her there anyway). It was the last stop on her visit and I was a bit disappointed that I didn't catch a glance at the Duke of Edinburgh but her-ladies-in-waiting looked to be a sweet, down-to-earth group. The Queen is a lovely lady and I admire her tremendously. Hers can't be an easy job and it's a testament to her character and intelligence that she does it so well.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:02:41 am by MacGuffin »
Karen in NYC

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 11:09:25 am »
Welcome Karen - yes, there are a few other Karens here.  Sure you'll have loads of fun once it arrives.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline pinkscrapbooker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 11:12:57 pm »
I was in NYC in April/may/June and was really surprised no one knew what thermomix was. Your explanation explains that to me. I love mine and missed it dearly while I was away

Offline Herbal

• View Profile
    • In The Mix Tricks
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 04:16:28 am »

Welcome Karen! 

I was a lurker here for a while too before my not so subtle hints about getting a thermomix were heard!  It would be fabulous for a small kitchen... I've said since I had mine that if I had known about TM when we were redoing our kitchen at our holiday shack that I wouldn't have bothered with a stove and just bought another TM!!  As it is, I bring it with me when we go there now, I really can't live without it. 

I was interested in food before, but since I got my TM home, I've become far more adventurous in my cooking, and... well, I actually cook now rather than just drool over recipes!!

Good luck - - - I bet you'll have your own thermobaby before you know it!!

Cheers,
herbal
Herbal

Melbourne, Australia

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 04:43:46 am »
Hi, herbal! I'm glad to hear that you've become more adventurous--tweaking is good. It's rather unusual for me to follow a recipe verbatim because I immediately start thinking about what would improve it. It's a nice creative outlet.

I like to prepare my own food because it so often (but not always!) tastes better than what's served to me when eating (or taking) out. So yes, I think a Thermomix would be a good fit for me. It will have to share real estate with some of my other appliances, though. E.g., my juicer weighs well over 60 lbs!
Karen in NYC