Author Topic: Loving my thermobaby!  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Herbal

• View Profile
    • In The Mix Tricks
Loving my thermobaby!
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:32:56 am »

Hi Everyone

I've had my TM (or the thermobaby as my friends call it) for 2 weeks and I am loving it!!

There are two adults and a 15 month old in my household and I can't believe the way it has revolutionised what I cook and how I cook.  Before the TM arrived we relied on a lot of pre-prepared food and we were the masters of reheating.  That has all changed since we got the TM - - - every night bar one where we had sushi takeaway, I have made something for dinner - - - no small feat with a 15 month old under your feet!!

So far I've done a few risottos (one mushroom, one mushroom and leek, tonight speck and spinach), beef stroganoff, the pasta with tuna from the EDC, pizza dough, cooked rice (incidentally the BEST rice I have ever had or made) , a few sorbets, a coleslaw, hommous, mashed potato and all of my sons meals. 

As a food lover, but not a cook by any stretch, I can honestly say that I have been excited looking through recipes every day to see what I can make for dinner that night. 

Thanks for the tips and tricks and for the recipes !!

Cheers,
Herbal
Herbal

Melbourne, Australia

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Loving my thermobaby!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:36:41 pm »
Good onya Herbal! Isn't it fantastic! What a difference it makes in life - hope to see some of your recipes soon.  ;)

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:37:09 pm »
Great news that things are going so well for you Herbal. There are so many fabulous recipes here that you won't be cooking the same thing twice for a long time.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:53:50 pm »
Another happy camper! ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 02:13:04 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum Herbal.  Glad to hear you are enjoying your TMX and your enthusiasm will grow each day, believe me.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:09:35 am »
Welcome Herbal and glad you are having fun and getting value from the fourm  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.