Author Topic: The countdown begins!  (Read 5620 times)

Offline Herbal

• View Profile
    • In The Mix Tricks
The countdown begins!
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:11 am »

Hi everyone,

I have just ordered my TM today after seeing a demo about a month ago.  I have googled TM more times than I care to admit, and I've been a bit obsessed since I saw it!

I have a 15 month old son and I am really looking forward to him eating what we eat - without me worrying about additives and all the other nasties.

I had to nag (well, that's a strong word) my other half about it for a while until he relented - he hasn't seen it in action, but I know he'll love it once we get it.

Has anyone got any knock your socks off recipes that they can suggest for my first TM meal???   I'm planning on a sorbet for dessert, just wanted some ideas for a main that will be easy and show off the TM to its best advantage!!

Can't wait to tell you all what he thinks - - - - the wait for the TM is going to kill me though!!! ;)

Cheers,
Herbal
Herbal

Melbourne, Australia

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: The countdown begins!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:35:52 am »
Congratulations Herbal.  You won't regret your purchase I'm sure.

My suggestion for your first meal would have to be butter chicken, rice and some naan bread.  It is a special meal that shows off the TMX nicely and is very yummy.  The butter chicken from the Indian cookbook seems to have better reviews than the EDC version.  I wouldn't bother rinsing the TMX between the butter chicken and rice.  Tip the butter chicken in the thermoserve and then get the rice going (any leftover butter chicken sauce flavours and colours the rice nicely).  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:45:19 am »
Welcome Herbal. You will love your machine when it arrives. The waiting is hard though.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 12:55:13 pm »
Welcome Herbal, glad to hear you are finally getting a TMX.  There are so many good recipes, it is hard to pick just one to impress your DH.  You've obviously browsed our recipes here on the forum - one that springs to mind that got rave reviews is the Moroccan Lamb recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 02:41:33 pm »
A risotto would also be a good way of showing off what the machine can do.   There's a gorgeous one on here with pumpkin, feta, bacon and spinach but also loads of others.

Offline Toni

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 09:30:26 am »
Great suggestions. Where is the Moroccan lamb recipe please?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 09:44:00 am »

Offline Herbal

• View Profile
    • In The Mix Tricks
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 11:36:53 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions!!  I am beyond excited!!

Will let you know how it goes!!

Herbal

Melbourne, Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 12:37:23 am »
I can feel your excitement Herbal and I can assure you that  feeling will stay with you forever with this wonderful machine.

Offline mum23

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 04:49:51 am »
Hi Herbal,
YOu sound  EXACTLY like i was! I had my demo, then waited a bit to save the rest of the money, stalked anything about thermomix on GOOGLE, dreamt about it every night then I ordered and only a week or more later he ARRIVED!!! Yesterday!!!! Yes very excited I am. I would be out there now playing with him but i have had a busy morning and absolutley shattered so chilling out on the computer and had to let everyone know he arrived.
Yesterday for my delivery demo, my wonderful consultant helped me whip up a beef stroganoff (which was Beautiful), an almond flourless cake (devine), some anzac bikies (scumptious) and a 5 seed bread! What more can i say. It was all unreal!!
When she went home I went on my merry way and whipped up a chocolate custard, a herb and garlic dip , and avocado dip, some slushy drinks for the kids and then i think i called it a day!! Oh hang on, I forgot to add mash potato!!
I was worried if it was going to be easy to use but i actually think it is fool proof!
Hope you are thrilled as much as i am. Hang in there it will come soon!! The wait is torture!

CHeers

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 01:04:09 pm »
Welcome Herbal - we are all still learning about our TMX.

Sure you'll get great knock your socks off dishes, but be prepared for some disappointments.  It will all be good with time
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Herbal

• View Profile
    • In The Mix Tricks
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 03:44:24 am »

Hi Again,

See - I am a thermomix addict now!! 

I'd LOVE the recipe for the Beef Stroganoff - - - DH buys it ready made from the butcher every week and it costs $17 for a medium container - I think it's 1 litre.  I'd love to be able to do one and show him just how easy and how much cheaper it can be!!!  Can you tell me where you found it?

Herbal

Melbourne, Australia

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 03:58:17 am »
Hi Herbal, the recipe is in the EDC (Everyday Cook book) that comes with your machine. There is a thread for reviews and tweaks on the forum here

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2417.0

it is also really nice with chicken too
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 10:42:48 am »
Welcome Herbal! Hope the first meal works out well for you!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand