Author Topic: Thermomix on Food Channel  (Read 5282 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Thermomix on Food Channel
« on: October 06, 2009, 05:18:43 am »
Unfortunately, only on Foxtel, but worth a mention.

A 'Great British Menu' contestant, I think it was Brynn, was making a beetroot puree and it wouldn't cook in time, so his challenger suggested 'this machine', pointing to the Tmix. He told him "It cooks and purees!" The voice-over person called it a 'state of the art food processor'.
The contestant wouldn't believe him, but tried it anyway. He kept saying, "It won't work, it won't work." Then, finally he was elated that it did work!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thermomix on Food Channel
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:26:36 am »
I'm surprised we haven't seen the TMX in the background or being used on the Foxtel food channel meganjane. I've been expecting to see it pop up somewhere.  We love that show 'Come dine with me' - it is probably the only show I watch religiously unless it is a repeat and have never seen a TMX used there either.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:47:08 am »
I'm sure the word is spreading. ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:54:40 am »
The first time I saw that show JD I missed the beginning and I thought, gee these friends are awfully rude to each other and backstabbing behind each others backs. I find it quite funny seeing the different types of mismatched people they team up together.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:26:51 pm »
It looks like they are going to do some of those shows in Australia - now that will be interesting. Keeping my eyes open for that in the future.  You get some interesting ideas for dinner parties from the show and yes, some of the guests leave a little to be desired - the women can be particularly b**chy with their voting.  My DH actually enjoys this show too for some reason.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:40:58 am by judydawn »

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 01:51:26 pm »
Oh, I love Come Dine With Me!!
But I just can't believe how they go through people's houses! They even look in their bedrooms and check out their bedside table drawers!! Horrors :o
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 02:28:11 pm »
Yes, that's a bit off.  Not only do you have to cook a nice 3 course meal, you have to make sure your house is perfectly clean everywhere.  I'm sure they are told where they can and cannot look though as some of the items they 'find' in the top drawer seem to be a set up.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 04:07:14 pm »
Apparently they are going to be filming a Come Dine with Me in my city.  I saw an advert for volunteers to go onto the progam and thought about it for about 30 seconds and then thought about people looking around my house and also about the kind of people I might end up with and realised it wasn't really a very good idea  ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 12:51:02 am »
Thanks for the heads up MJ - they obviously HAVEN'T seen my beetroot recipes !!  Joke  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.