Author Topic: Pull out tray for a heavy machine  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Pull out tray for a heavy machine
« on: March 23, 2016, 07:43:54 am »
It may even be a few years ago that I read a post on here describing a tray which sits on the kitchen worktop. The tray had 2 layers the top one of which had the Thermomix (or any other heavy machine) stood on it and  you could pull that layer forward with the machine on it and without  effort leaving behind the other layer which stabilized it. You then just pushed the machine back when finished. What a good idea for under the top cupboard machinery, I thought. I saw that this was sold in America but not in England. Does anyone own one of these and can anyone direct me to a supplier?
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Pull out tray for a heavy machine
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:55:28 am »
I don't recall seeing that, DD, hopefully someone here will remember it for you though.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 06:18:50 am »
I don't recall that post either Dot but did a quick google and this come up with many others.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 10:06:26 pm »
I remember someone's husband made a tray for the tmx, and it had a draw underneath for spatulas ect, with a photo. :)

Quote from: stacelee on August 27, 2013, 09:15:09 pm

I have my thermomix sitting on a cutting board with a drawer underneath that I bought from Target.  I've stuck felt feet to the bottom of it which lets me slide it forward and backwards on the bench and I keep all of the bits I use all of the time in the drawer....ie scrapers, thermometer, teaspoons, spatulas.  I've actually bought two more of them...I have my embroidery sewing machine sitting on one of them with my commonly used threads, bobbins, scissors etc in it.

The link is http://shop.target.com.au/p/acacia-chopping-board-with-drawer/P53164674 if anyone is after one.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:10:49 pm by obbie »
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 11:56:56 pm »
Thanks Robyn, I had a quick look but couldn't find the thread which I knew existed somewhere on the forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.