Author Topic: Review Asparagus Cream Soup Pge 56 Best of our Recipe Communities  (Read 1674 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
There's never any white asparagus in my local supermarket so I did a little cost exercise before deciding whether to go with either the fresh green asparagus or white asparagus in a jar options.  It was far cheaper to buy 1 jar of white asparagus weighing 330g than 2 bunches of fresh green asparagus weighing 400 g and the quantity only fell a little short.

Because of slightly less asparagus weight I held back 200 mls of the water.  I didn't peel the potato, didn't add any salt until it was cooked and found it only needed a small quantity because of the VSC. It's not a thick soup and would have been much thinner if I'd added the full quantity of water.

I would double the quantity of potato next time and I was very happy with the taste using a jar of asparagus.  Something that can be kept in the pantry to enable this recipe to be made at any time.

I reduced the sour cream by 20 g because of the other reductions.  As I like drinking thin soups in mugs, this recipe is perfect for that but my quantities would only fill 3 mugs.

Linked JD

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:36:17 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.