Author Topic: A Little Taste of India - Chicken Biryani.  (Read 4682 times)

Offline kyton

• View Profile
A Little Taste of India - Chicken Biryani.
« on: May 20, 2015, 11:09:31 am »
This recipe makes a huge amount! I doubled the chicken and spice mix as we were having this as a main dish. Next time I would halve the rice but keep the same amount of curry sauce - using some to drizzle over the finished dish.

Linked JD

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:51:30 am by kyton »
Kylie

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: A Little Taste of India - Chicken Biryani.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:08:36 am »
We had this last night as vegetable biryani to serve with chicken tikka and it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I did find there was way too much rice and ended up taking out about 1/3 before combining with the other ingredients. DH and DS both loved it and DD heated some up when she got home and thought it was Indian fried rice. We enjoyed it so much we are keen to make the chicken version as a main, but I'll halve the rice and leave all the other ingredients the same and I'm sure it would still be plenty for the 4 of us.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
A Little Taste of India - Chicken Biryani.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 10:54:32 am »
I made the vegetable version and served with butter chicken. It's really delicious and you can easily alter the vegies to suit what you have. Tonight I added red and green capsicum as I didn't have any beans. It does make a lot so I normally reduce rice by 100g but keep the sauce the same. Still have a lot of leftovers.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 05:57:15 pm »
Look delicious Kim 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:42:11 pm »
I ended up putting this in my Le Creuset as it just seemed too much rice. Definitely reduce next time. Great flavour.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 11:22:58 pm »
A great accompaniment to Butter Chicken Kim.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.