Author Topic: Thermomix Recipe Search, Meal Planning and Lists  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Lachy

• View Profile
Thermomix Recipe Search, Meal Planning and Lists
« on: May 04, 2015, 05:59:08 am »
I have updated the original post so people can easily see the status of the new Recipe Search, Meal Planning and Lists site for Thermomix recipes easily without sifting through the replies below.

As a start we have indexed 6 TMX bloggers namely Quirky Cooking, agagfaf, Tenina, trtlmt, Whats on the List and Thremo Fun.  To see the recipes for these bloggers goto http://www.hungrybear.cooking/inspiration/food-bloggers.

Also not as a blogger site but as part of the recipe sites we have indexed RecipeCommunity.  To see all Thermomix recipes you can goto http://www.hungrybear.cooking/recipes/web-search#Thermomix

We would love any comments and suggestions about the site - the more critical the better as it the only way we can improve.  Also other bloggers you would like to see (please note some bloggers are difficult to index due to the structure of their recipes) post below

For those concerned that this might take business from the bloggers it should be the contrary as we only summarise the recipe and to see the full recipe it takes you to the original site.  It should increase traffic as people have a virtual cookbook instead of printing the recipes.  It also saves the environment :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Post

My wife and I got our thermomix about 12 months ago.  As mentioned when I joined I was a thermomix sceptic but now thermomix lover.   :D

Just thought I would check if there is interest in the thermomix community in a tool that would allow you to search multiple food blogs/recipe sites for thermomix recipes, drop them into a meal plan (if you desire) and make a shopping list.  If so let me know your favoured sites.

My background is that I love cooking as well as  IT (both have a creative element :)) and have put together a website you can use for searching recipes, planning meals for the week and/or making a shopping lists.   

Thanks for your time,

Lachy
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:47:33 am by Lachy »

Offline bogie1

• View Profile
Re: Thermomix Recipe Search, Meal Planning and Lists
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 07:37:38 am »
Hi Lachy,
I like the sound of that!  I've had my thermie for about 6 months now and find that planning meals makes me use it more often than being spontaneous.  I work full time so by the time I get home the motivation has often left the building to think about what we're having for dinner. 

Some of my favourite sites are:
*  The Recipe Community
*  The Road to Loving my Thermomix (www.trtlmt.com.au)
*  ThermoFun
*  Skinnymixers
*  Cooking with Tenina
*  Alyce Alexandra
http://thermomummalailahrose.blogspot.com.au/
plus lots of Facebook pages from "The Thermomix List" via Thermomix Super Kitchen Machine website.

Let us know if you create something :)

Jenny
Jenny

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 08:49:48 am »
Sounds great & combing two  things you love must be very enjoyable.

My favourites are;
This forum
The Road to loving my thermomx
Quirky Cooking
Alexx Stuart (but it's not a thermomix focus site)

It also would be good in the meal plan to add the non- thermomix recipies.

Enjoy developing 😄

Offline Lachy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 01:16:33 am »
Thank you for the suggestions Bogie1 and kmw. 

Already use Quirky Cooking.  Jo is great.

Recipecommunity also great

Like the look of The Road to Loving my Thermomix and  ThermoFun and will look at the others shortly.

Cheers,

Lachy

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 08:17:35 am »
It sounds good Lachy. Would it allow you to store recipes as well?
I would pay to be able to have a simple to use recipe storage/meal planner/shopping list thingy.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Lachy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 03:08:51 am »
Thanks MCMich

Yes you will be able to add your own recipes.  At this stage it will be free - that may of course change in the future but that is a while away.  Need to see if it works and is useful first  :)

I should have 5-6 TMX sites indexed in the next day or so.  Will let you know when it is ready for a sneak preview.

Regards,

Lachlan

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 02:33:32 pm »
Sounds interesting Lachy. A useful tool.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 08:47:24 am »
Sounds interesting Lachy. A useful tool.

It does indeed.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 09:52:16 am »
That would be a great tool.  I spend most of my available cooking time searching the web for recipes. End up wasting most of my time and getting totally confused.
I do the best I can

Offline Lachy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 03:00:21 am »
Hi All,

Thank you for your interest and suggestions of different bloggers.  To get started we have indexed 6 TMX bloggers namely Quirky Cooking, agagfaf, Tenina, trtlmt, Whats on the List and Thremo Fun.  To see the recipes for these bloggers goto http://www.hungrybear.cooking/inspiration/food-bloggers.

Also not as a blogger site but as part of the recipe sites we have indexed RecipeCommunity.  To see all Thermomix recipes you can goto http://www.hungrybear.cooking/recipes/web-search#Thermomix

We would love any comments and suggestions - the more critical the better as it the only way we can improve.

Also for those concerned that this might take business from the bloggers it should be the contrary as we only summarise the recipe and to see the full recipe it takes you to the original site.  It should increase traffic as people have a virtual cookbook instead of printing the recipes.  It also saves the environment :)

Thank you,

Lachy

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 09:22:07 am »
Is hungry bear your site? Will we be able to transfer recipes from the forum as well as the sites you have listed?
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Lachy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 11:38:17 am »
Good question Michele.  We would love to however because the forum posts have unstructured data (ie no set way of formatting the ingredients) it will be difficult.  To be useful for forum members we need to be able to index the ingredients in the posts reliably (or at least 99% reliably).

I will think it through  how it might work in the next week or so and discuss in PM with the Master Moderator. 

Kind Regards,

Lachy

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 06:31:11 am »
It does look good. However, there is already a webpage out there called Tasty Query. I use it for my blog. Every time I upload a new recipe, it picks it up and puts it on the site.
Yours looks better as it is indexed, ie you can search using categories or cuisines. I'm not sure Tasty Query does this. I had to put a widget on my blog. Does your programme use a widget?
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 07:17:22 am »
Lachy, I think you may have something really useful here. I put in a query for soups and loved the way the recipe title, photo and reviews came up. Well done. Look forward to seeing all the improvements.