Author Topic: Recipe Reviews from the new edition of the EDC 2013  (Read 50515 times)

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Reviews from the new edition of the EDC 2013
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 07:36:59 am »
Hi Judy, thanks for the reply. My oven does run true to temp, plus or minus 2 degrees. I have checked it with an oven thermometer and my husband has a fancy commercial gizmo that tells the exact temperature.

I am puzzled because the glossary at the front of the book states that oven temperatures are given for fan forced ovens. I don't think I ever read that part of the book before, so I am thinking that the last couple of times I have made  this recipe I assumed the temperature referred to a conventional oven, and thus reduced the stated temp by 20 degrees. I guess a lot of bakers would have done the same because most recipes refer to conventional temperatures if it is not specifically stated.

Anyhow I have made a note on my recipe so I don't forget next time. Thanks again, I will check out your link later. Guests will arrive shortly.

Offline Melinda

• View Profile
    • Life of a Military Wife
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2015, 02:14:47 pm »
Has anyone made the Red Onion Relish on page 47?

I'm looking at the method, and it's just put it all in and cook - but that means the onions are still in quarters, the apple isn't peeled and is quartered, the dried apricots are whole...  I realise all the ingredients do soften mush down a bit as they cook, but I would have expected some chopping/pulsing either at the start or end.
Melinda

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2015, 04:46:36 pm »
There is a review for the Red Onion Relish here.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Melinda

• View Profile
    • Life of a Military Wife
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2015, 01:57:40 pm »
There is a review for the Red Onion Relish here.

Thank you, I hadn't seen that.  Have now, I'm obviously not alone in thinking it needs chopping.  :-)
Melinda