Author Topic: Graduation Present  (Read 8567 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Graduation Present
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:30 pm »
No, I don't think so, Uni - he used to collect typical kid things as a child, i.e. fridge magnets, but I don't think he has any hobbies like that now. 

To be honest, and it's sad to say this, but I don't know him all that well as we have usually been living in different countries most of his life - or else he has been in Brisbane and we have been in Melbourne so don't get much chance to actually meet up.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 09:30:02 pm »
it is sad Marina, i have 8 nephews and nieces that live in italy and really have to think what their names are  :(

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »
It happens when they get to teenagers, so easy for them to go overseas for a year or too, and travel now.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 09:44:50 pm »
You are right, obbie, our families are really moving apart these days.  At least it is easier to travel to get together now.  When my parents left their home country back in the early 50s they left knowing that they would probably never see their family again, it was a one way trip they were taking - as it happened, they did get back home about 30 years later, but at the time of leaving they didn't even envisage air travel, so it was a huge decision to take in those days.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »
thats all i hear about these days robyn, kids saving to go overseas, my DD is back from o/s she wanted to be here for her sister while pregnant and for the birth, she is going back o/s next jan13

i don't need a recipe i'm italian