Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495718 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #285 on: July 02, 2012, 12:37:58 am »
Saves you the calories DG ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:03 am »
I'm not too bad with chocolate, but mention the word cheese. :P
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 03, 2012, 08:03:19 am »
Weigh day for me today and I have lost 1.3kgs according to the scales. This doesn't mean much to me unless it's a consistent loss over the next few weeks 'cos my weight fluctuates that much each day anyway. Still at least it's going down.

More importantl, I want to see the results on me rather than the numbers of the scales.

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2012, 08:14:58 am »
I'm not too bad with chocolate, but mention the word cheese. :P

Oh dear, not a little mouse are we Chookie? :-)) I'm glad I don't like cheese ;)

More importantl, I want to see the results on me rather than the numbers of the scales.

Absolutely Tasty! :D No point the numbers going down if the fat doesn't go away :-))

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #289 on: July 03, 2012, 08:27:48 am »
Well done Tasty, that's a great loss :D
My weigh day is tomorrow.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2012, 09:14:53 am »
Good luck Mandy.

I weighed in on Monday. I thought I posted my results but I can't see them here.  I was surprised and disappointed that I did not lose any weight for the week. I though I had achieved a deficit overall for the week. I had amid week weigh in that I didn't record and I jumped on the Wii fit on Saturday and they both indicated that I was on track for about a kilo of loss but something went wrong somewhere.

Yesterday I had a full on binge.  It started at work because I was tired and stressed. I didn't get home until 7:30 last night. Once I was at home I was too tired to exercise and had things to do so the binge just continued.

I really hate myself when I binge. I know I am doing it and that I should stop but I find it really difficult and give into it. It is real binging too. I hide in the kitchen and eat or sneak food because I am embarrassed about it.

I am trying to get back on track today but I am still really tired and stressed.

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2012, 09:42:58 am »
Dash, I used to do that too. I used to hide in the pantry and eat the cooking chocolate, and then I'd feel so bad that I would eat more to try and make myself feel better >:(
It's not a good feeling. I used to hate myself for it too. You just have to find new coping strategies, and I know it is harder than it sounds :(

Mandi, you can add my name to the weight loss list. I just want to lose another couple of kilos, but I'd like my name to be on the list with the rest of you so I can feel part of the team :D

My weight now is 68.5kg and my weigh day is Sunday :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2012, 10:20:22 am »
Excellent Amy, that would be great to add you to the list.
And Dash don't give up, a set back is not the end of the world. We are all here to support each other through the good and the bad. :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2012, 11:27:08 am »
I haven't weighed myself yet, but I know what I weighed when I went to the doctors last so I'm going to go on that. I'm not dieting strictly, just trying to be more thoughtful about what I eat and decrease portion sizes. Am also noting down the nights I have alcohol free nights so I can track my consumption. One drink even means that I cannot say its alcohol free. Made some chocolate alternative from the Vegetarian cookbook and am pondering whether this could be a good substitute for a sweet craving. Don't think I've lost any weight however cos my clothes still feel the same, and the fat lady in the mirror still recognises me when I wave at her each day.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2012, 11:48:41 am »
Excellent Amy, that would be great to add you to the list.

Yay! Thanks Mandi :D

I haven't weighed myself yet, but I know what I weighed when I went to the doctors last so I'm going to go on that. I'm not dieting strictly, just trying to be more thoughtful about what I eat and decrease portion sizes. Am also noting down the nights I have alcohol free nights so I can track my consumption. One drink even means that I cannot say its alcohol free. Made some chocolate alternative from the Vegetarian cookbook and am pondering whether this could be a good substitute for a sweet craving. Don't think I've lost any weight however cos my clothes still feel the same, and the fat lady in the mirror still recognises me when I wave at her each day.

I think I'm lucky that because I'm still under 18 I don't have to worry about alcohol. It isn't something I want to get into even when I am allowed to drink it though ;) But I know it is the downfall for some people :(
CP, just imagine how great it will be when you start seeing a slim lady in the mirror ;) ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2012, 12:41:40 pm »
I'm definitely not on a diet either. And I'm feeling quiet confident that I'm on a life style change with my eating habits. Instead of grabbing something quick and unhealthy, I'm going for better choices and actually enjoying it more. I'm really enjoying the challenge :)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 03, 2012, 06:59:24 pm »
My weight now is 68.5kg and my weigh day is Sunday :)
[/quote]

amy i read that your height is 5.7 i used be 5.7 years ago, and my weight was about the same 68kg, omg i looked soooooooo good ;D

the lightest i have ever been was 58kg ,i wish i was that fat agian  :-))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:30:31 pm by fundj »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 03, 2012, 10:12:51 pm »
Weigh day for me. Down another 500g :D (2kg total) I'm happy with that.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2012, 10:20:42 pm »
Way to go Mandi :)
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »
That's a pack of sugar, or 4x 500g blocks of butter :o
I'm getting closer to my goal :D