Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 493559 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2012, 12:00:26 pm »
Weigh in tomorrow morning.  I think I've managed a deficit overall for the week. I've had a few up days and down days. Exercise has been steady all week. Didn't miss a single training session. Saturday I did an 18km run and today a 60km social bike ride with a coffee stop in the middle.

Sounds like you're going great Mandi. Well done!!! Grin What sort of chocolate do you like best?

I like Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate, I usually have just 2 squares. If I eat any chocolate with less cocoa and higher sugar I find it difficult to stop at just a couple of squares.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2012, 12:03:26 pm »
Quote from: Amy :-)
I would actually be interested to hear what everyone's favourite vegetables are though? If anyone wants to share?
[/quote

I like lots of vegetables. It is hard to pick just one. I am pretty partial to egg plant and asparagus.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2012, 12:06:08 pm »
Mandi, I know what you mean about fresh carrots. Oh the crunch! :D :D

Dash, how long does it take you to run 18km? Good chocolate strategy too by the way ;)
Funny how you like the two vegetables that are probably at the bottom of my list!

I love carrots, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms (even though they're not technically a vegetable)... all fresh of course ;D
I once ate so many carrots my hands went orange :-[

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2012, 12:14:57 pm »
I wonder what your insides looked like Amy ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Reeni

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2012, 12:20:53 pm »
Hi ladies,

I am going to join in! I am currently about 88kgs and would like to lose as much as possible before I start trying for pregnancy in a couple of months.

I think 10kgs would be great, but I will be happy with anything really.

Weightloss kicked off tonight with seafood soup.

Good luck to you all!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2012, 12:44:47 pm »
Well in some ways I have been good....eating fruit when I felt like biscuits and other unhealthy snacks.

But in other ways I haven't been so good....eg yum cha today (but it was a good time out with friends) and also butter chicken for dinner tonight.

I will start fresh again tomorrow though.

I think my weigh day is Tuesday.

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2012, 12:47:21 pm »
I wonder what your insides looked like Amy ;)

:o :o :o
I hadn't even though of that Judy... I'm just glad I couldn't see what they looked like!!! Vitamin A overdose.... uh-oh...

Welcome to the challenge Reeni! Do you mind me asking how tall you are? I was hovering at about the same weight as you, between 88-90kg, before I lost weight :)

Thats the way to look at it Tasty. Tomorrow is a new day, you can try again, and you will just keep getting better because each time makes you that little bit stronger and more determined ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2012, 01:08:25 pm »
Welcome to the challenge Renni. We are more than happy to have you join. I will add you to the list.

For anyone interested I am keeping track of people's progress on the very first post of this topic.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2012, 01:26:21 pm »
Dash, how long does it take you to run 18km?

It takes me about 1hr 40 min to run 18 km Amy.  On a long run I average between 5:30 - 5:40/km. On shorter runs up to 12km I usually run between 5 - 5:15/km.

Are you a runner Amy?

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2012, 01:30:13 pm »
But in other ways I haven't been so good....eg yum cha today (but it was a good time out with friends) and also butter chicken for dinner tonight.

Tasty having a meal out with friends once in a while is good for the souls and helps you to keep on track.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2012, 10:18:30 pm »
I know I shouldn't of but I did :(
I hopped on the scales this morning to see if I'm going ok, and........I'm down 600g :)
I won't put it in though as my weigh day is Wednesday.
Now to be good for the next 2 days so it stays like that or more. :)

Offline Queen Be

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »
My favourite vegetables are corn and sugar snap peas because they are yummy, eggplant and pumpkin because they're so versatile, broccoli and mushrooms because they are so good for you.

Not sure how I will go with the challenge this week as I have already done the menu plan and shopping for the week. I will need to watch my portion size, make good choices for breakfast and lunch and limit my bread intake. I realised early this year that if I eat bread more than once a day it has a negative affect on my weight loss. If I have a high protein breakfast, a carb lunch and pack my evening meal with lots of vegetables or just have soup then I lose much more weight even if I have used less or the same WW points. Anyone else noticed this?

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2012, 11:32:21 pm »
Yes for sure. High fibre breakfast works really well with me. And I do have lots of veggies at night with a smaller portion of meat. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 02, 2012, 12:27:52 am »
Dash, how long does it take you to run 18km?

It takes me about 1hr 40 min to run 18 km Amy.  On a long run I average between 5:30 - 5:40/km. On shorter runs up to 12km I usually run between 5 - 5:15/km.

Are you a runner Amy?

I do run Dash, but not like you :-)) I went for a run along a different track yesterday and managed to get myself lost, but I just kept running anyway. It took me 80 minutes with a few stops to look for signs, and I'd like to figure out how far I ended up going but I'm not sure how.

LOL Mandi, we know you're excited. That's okay :D

Does everyone know that one serving of meat or chicken is the size of your palm? If you are having a big piece or lots of little pieces you could be eating equal to 2 servings. A serving of fish can be as big as your whole hand, as long as its not battered and deep fried ;)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 02, 2012, 12:35:06 am »
Fav chocolate.... Whittakers Dark Chocolate with Almonds. Unfortunately DH also likes this one, so doesn't last long.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate