Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495646 times)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2012, 06:42:13 am »
Well done CGL
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2012, 06:53:32 am »
Thanks Everyone! :)

mcmich

« Reply #257 on: June 29, 2012, 10:04:27 pm »
My weigh in day is tomorrow not expecting a loss as I have changed nothing this week.
Haven't been walking the dog even due to the rain. I've got to get in a better mind set.
I can exercise even if it is raining.
Well done to all of you that have been loosing weight.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2012, 10:34:21 pm »
I have Woman's Weekly Diabetes Cookbook and New Glucose Revolution by Brand-Miller.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2012, 12:43:25 am »
I think I have the same Women's Weekly one DG. Have you cooked much out of it?

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2012, 12:39:24 pm »
HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE SNIPPET #5

These health/weight loss facts were taken from various issues throughout 2011.

0.5:1 is the best ratio for your waist to heigh measurements to reduce your chances of developing chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.

Study has shown that children and adolescents from families who regularly share three or more meals per week together are more likely to be within a healthy weight range and have an overall healthy diet.

People tend to eat more, have worse eating habits overall and have a higher BMI when they stay up late and wake up late. Researchers found that those who went to sleep later and woke up later actually got less sleep, ate more after dinner, and ate more fast food, drank more high-calorie soft drinks and ate less fruit and vegetables after 8pm. Late sleepers also tend to eat less in the morning, which increased the amount they ate and lunch and dinner.

A recent study has shown that people who undertook liposuction as a means of fat loss regained the fat within 1 year, and mostly in the stomach area. For sensible, long-term weight loss, a healthy diet and exercise is the best method.

Study has proved that it is actually possible to trick your mind into making you feel full. Participants in a study drank a milkshake containing 380 calories - but some were told the milkshake contained 120 calories, while others were told it contained 620 calories. Those who were told it contained 620 calories had a steeper decline in ghrelin levels - indicating that they felt fuller and satisfied - than those who were told the milkshake contained 120 calories.

Only 5% of adult Australian males consume adequate fruit and vegetables.

There are 4.2 kilojoules in a calorie.

A study of kindergarten children has found that providing them with positive food models and exposure to vegetables can increase their vegetable intake from 2 serves per day to 4. The children watched Popeye cartoons, had "vegetable tasting parties," planted vegetable seeds, cooked vegetables and had teachers sit with them at lunchtime.

Study has shown that women who gained the least amount of weight during adulthood were the ones who had consumed the most dairy as teenagers. Dairy foods contain calcium, magnesium and protein, which are thought to promote weight loss and reduce blood pressure.

1 in 3 Australian adults mistakenly believe that their health is in very good or excellent condition.

You will burn an extra 138 kilojoules for every half an hour you spend standing rather than sitting.

Participants in a study by the University of Sydney ate an extra 12% through snacking when their protein intake was reduced to only 10% of their total energy intake. Participants who had 15% or 25% of their total energy intake in the form of protein felt less hungry and avoided the additional snacking.

Offline Queen Be

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2012, 03:39:14 am »
Can I join this challenge please  :)

I am another weight watcher worker, I work at one meeting a week and my GL/boss was the person who invited me to the TMX demo leading me here, make sense?

When I joined 2.5 years ago I originally lost around 11kg getting down to 77ish kg, since then I have gained and lost 4-5kg a number of times and was 80.2 at my last weigh in. At almost 6 feet tall I just scrape into my healthy weight range (HWR), my goal weight was 72 but honestly I would be happy with 75. Being in my HWR resulted in me losing motivation to keep going, getting my TMX (Alice) and going on a bit of a cooking spree (bread is not my friend) is not helping  :-[

Looking forward to going through this thread and finding some good recipes so I can play with Alice and still lose weight  ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2012, 06:03:46 am »
Queen Be we would love you to join us.
With all this support from each other I am hoping we can loose the weight we want to and keep it off :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2012, 06:08:44 am »
How's everyone going on their weight loss challenge?
I have been pretty good in this last week, have had a few challenges (like chocolate) but instead of eating a heap I allowed myself 4 squares (that's the only chocolate I have had in nearly 2 weeks :D )

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2012, 06:33:14 am »
Sounds like you're going great Mandi. Well done!!! ;D What sort of chocolate do you like best?

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2012, 08:03:24 am »
Any chocolate is good Amy :D

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2012, 08:20:06 am »
So true Mandi :D :D

Oh wait, except Red Tulip easter eggs. That chocolate is gross :P Do you get them in Tassie?

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 01, 2012, 09:03:27 am »
Yep we do. Can't beat Cadbury chocolate :)
I think we better change the subject :D especially as this is a weight loss topic lol.

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 01, 2012, 09:05:24 am »
Lol I did think that after I started asking about chocolate :-))

I would actually be interested to hear what everyone's favourite vegetables are though? If anyone wants to share?

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2012, 09:07:23 am »
Lol :D

My favorite veggie would have to be.........new potatoes :)
Oh and fresh from the garden carrots, and fresh peas eaten straight from the pod. Yum