Author Topic: Hi  (Read 14604 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 08:02:57 am »
Wonderful news deltamushworn. Like you I've always loved cooking but getting the TMX nearly 3 years ago it inspires you all over again. Then if you feel you don't want to cook just come on here and look at all the amazing things people have been making.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline deltamushworn

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 10:52:49 pm »
Hi,
I have been so busy cooking so much, I am trying out recipes in the books to get the feel of the TX .
I have been doing a bit of experimenting with my our recipes and learning too, it is a great time to be doing this as it's school holidays so have lots of people around eating :)))
The one thing I tend to do is add too much liquid I  have discovered there is not a lot of evaporation occurring but i am working on adjusting My way of cooking  :)
Yes I think it have been doing what I hoped, inspiration.
Must say my bread dough has improved even though I was happy with it before, really happy now.
So I mostly cook savoury things so no cakes or things as yet, we are not big sweets eaters, I of course have made custard :)
Anyway the suns up so I'm off to the kitchen
Thanks every one I think me and Eddie will be good friends for a long time :)))
Cheers
I cook with wine…Sometimes I even put it in the food !

Offline ~*sara*~

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2011, 12:05:18 am »
Hi Delta, I'm a newbie too.  My story sounds very similar to yours.  I went to a demo.  Thought the machine was interesting, but felt like it was aimed at people who can't really cook.   I thought I can make bread, custard, risotto myself.   And if I really wanted to make sorbet, I could use my ice cream maker (which I discovered yesterday the bowl had leaked and it's now in the bin!).   I own a Kitchen Aid mixer, a food processor, a stick blender, a Kitchen Aid blender  So why would I spend this much money?   But I was intrigued and started looking online and found so much great information.  It all convinced me that the Thermomix definitely had a place in the kitchen plus my tax return and DH's well-timed bonus helped.  Also I didn't like the KA blender that I bought last year.  :D

I've only had my machine for 13 days.  I couldn't wait for my demo either, and just ordered the machine.  :D  We are on school holidays too, and I've been making a fair bit too and loving it.

It's addictive, isn't it?  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:09:37 am by ~*sara*~ »

Offline deltamushworn

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2011, 04:29:53 am »
Yes it is, I was a bit put out how they market to people not that interested in cooking I think they are doing themselves an injustice in that.
Fun with the holidays isn't it lots of kids around here with such horrid weather here in Melbourne at the moment kids inside .... My daughter and i made a lemon and coconut cake this morning (I'm not a big sweet eater) but there are heaps of kids to polish it off, while it was cooking we whipped up a red Thai curry paste which I will use tonight to make a chicken curry in the TX
 I have been tell my Mum all about it as I do things ( she is fantastic cook) and she has gone and bought one herself lol. Now we can share recipes :) 
It is all such fun :)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2011, 04:44:23 am »
That is certainly a great thing - sharing with your mum is special!!! My DD purchased one last Dec, she hated being without the kitchen wonder after having lived with us from the time I purchased, in June until she moved into her own home.  You have already discovered an invaluable resource in the forum - I hope that Melb weather becomes a bit more tolerable for you all!!!!
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline deltamushworn

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2011, 01:25:00 am »
Have been having fun lately with Eddie, today I decided to whip up a batch of my hot sauce to see how it goes in the TXM .... Grinning chilies and things , wish it was warmer so I could open the door lol cough cough cough but seems to be going greet just don't want to look in the hole making my eyes water :))))

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2011, 08:36:14 am »
I never tire of people being happy with their purchase.  It is the best decision I have ever made for the kitchen and this forum is the best site I use in the computer

Xxx

;D