Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038964 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23520 on: February 04, 2020, 11:55:05 pm »
I have spent a very frustrating morning trying to post on my Blog.  Other are having the same problems.  My Blog is accessible but I can’t post new recipes.  Might have to make an auxiliary blog. Have posted 2 recipes under Soup and Jam.
We are waiting for the service man to look at our range hood.  Don’t think it is sucking hard enough.
I am not cooking any biscuits as I don’t want to pass any germs on.
When my cold passes I will be drying some SD starter.  If anyone wants some, let me know and I will post it. 

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23521 on: February 05, 2020, 03:44:11 am »
Judy did you go on another of your tours yesterday?, I've been enjoying reading about them.  :D
So have I been enjoying them - oh gosh, that doesn't make much sense does it, sorry.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23522 on: February 05, 2020, 04:40:03 am »
I understood your comment Marina. I  have another outing later this afternoon Julie - the night market at Plant4 Bowden.  By then it will be time to relax, I’ve been busy washing bedding, shopping for more cushions etc and clearing bits and pieces from the lounge room for the painter to start on that room in the morning.  I like to be one step ahead of him.  It looks like I might have to dress the 2 bedrooms he painted today after I return home around 9 pm, it will be hard for me to leave it until the morning unless I’m too tired tonight.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23523 on: February 05, 2020, 10:35:26 pm »
I think I may have been to that place Judy when visiting my son a few years back.  It hadn't being going for long at that stage but I really enjoyed walking around looking at everything.  The green juice I had on that hot morning was so nice and refreshing too.  I hope you enjoyed it. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23524 on: February 06, 2020, 08:23:52 am »
We had our second coffee run of the week this morning. This was a Model A run to the Whistler's Chocolate factory in Upper Swan. We took the old ute and it took us just over an hour to get there, 25 mph all the way. Flat out too.

Our Ute is the first one.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:48:06 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23525 on: February 06, 2020, 12:57:26 pm »
It really is for the younger ones Julie but we oldies have now been there and know what it’s all about.  We were supposed to be there for 3 hours but within 40 minutes we had seen everything, found what we wanted to buy for our tea and eaten it. From then on it was just a social evening but the bus driver decided we would leave 3/4 of an hour earlier than we expected.  A nice place for those who live in units nearby to catch up with friends for a drink and a meal. 

Gee that’s slow cookie, does the group hold up traffic by travelling so slowly.  Did you buy some choccies?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:59:10 pm by judydawn »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23526 on: February 06, 2020, 08:18:54 pm »
I grinned at your comment about speed, Cookie, but I sometimes feel that we are all moving way too fast and slower is better.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23527 on: February 07, 2020, 11:55:30 am »
Well this week has been busy with keeping the shearer’s happy and feed . Some days I go and I’m still there at lunch time . Bonus i’ve taken to having lunch there too , today steak on the BBQue! Well a few left over so I had a steak roll .. no more bread for awhile or I will be a size of a house . Been to school welcome drinks tonight , home . Cricket tomorrow .

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23528 on: February 07, 2020, 10:32:41 pm »
It really is for the younger ones Julie but we oldies have now been there and know what it’s all about.  We were supposed to be there for 3 hours but within 40 minutes we had seen everything, found what we wanted to buy for our tea and eaten it. From then on it was just a social evening but the bus driver decided we would leave 3/4 of an hour earlier than we expected.  A nice place for those who live in units nearby to catch up with friends for a drink and a meal. 

Gee that’s slow cookie, does the group hold up traffic by travelling so slowly.  Did you buy some choccies?

My son was living in one of those new apartment buildings at the time Judy and did frequent the place. Great like you say for people living nearby.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23529 on: February 09, 2020, 07:24:07 am »
We don’t travel together for coffee runs Judy. We usually just meet there. On our monthly runs who ever organises it tries to keep us off main roads and we are expected to leave lots of space between cars.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23530 on: February 09, 2020, 11:25:14 am »
That sounds wise to me cookie, thanks for answering my question.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23531 on: February 10, 2020, 06:10:11 am »
Housework! I did the ironing yesterday as it was cool so I thought I had better do some.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23532 on: February 13, 2020, 11:49:18 am »
Busy week again ! Shearing , moving lambs across the road ( we all know this can lead to many laughs ) but one vehicle passenger was quite angry ! Lambs went ages up the road DH rescued the situation and me being the stop lady to funny . DD and I headed to the Dentist again , night splint that she wears has holes in it ( called grinding her teeth to much ) . Now this had me in a spin of stress for many reasons. But first priority was DD , well we had to get a new one fitted and a muscle relaxer injection for her jaw ! What to do for the rest of the day .. formal dress looking shopping!! Tomorrow DD will do her school work while DM and I go to DM sewing group! Then have splint fitted , pick up a friend who is boarding in Melbourne and take her home near us . Just lucky DH is home so he watched DS play cricket tonight and will pick up and take him to fire brigade tomorrow arvo ! Really that is a whole week. I have this fear that all DD teachers will be having a strong word with me for her not being there for two days but it had to be done .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23533 on: February 14, 2020, 12:37:03 am »
K Atie, try not to stress too much.  Kids are tough, they survive. You must ask for help if it all seems too much.
Yesterday we bought a new cover for the ironing board.  No matter what we did it wouldn’t fit.  Returning it today and trying another from Spotlight. Mustn’t prevent Ral from ironing.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23534 on: February 14, 2020, 02:37:31 am »
I had a good laugh at that Chookie. DH sometimes irons if he hasn't anything to do and it is cool. We have a large ironing board so I usually take the measurements with me.