Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6081627 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24675 on: December 14, 2020, 07:23:59 pm »
DH and I drove to Oxford to collect an item I purchased on eBay. It was a lovely to be out and about in the countryside. It rained very heavily last night and many fields were flooded.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24676 on: December 14, 2020, 07:59:15 pm »
For about 2 months I have been trying to order our Xmas ham from the local producer.  His Smallgoods are outstanding.  First I ordered online and was told order would be confirmed.  No confirmation.  Tried to do a standard order, delivery date 16th January.  Last week drove to factory , met the boss and wrote order on a piece of cardboard but told to put order through the online system also. Did this, delivery still 16 Jan. tried to ring , message bank.  THEN boss rang me.  He saw the order.  He has had to close his books for orders as since the relaxing of restrictions he has been flooded with wholesale orders. He has also lost some staff as he was employing chefs who lost their jobs with shut down.
This is just one small example of how ordinary business people have been trying to cope through this very difficult time.  I have been persistent as I feel they deserve our support but they don’t have the administrative experience to be flexible as circumstances change.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24677 on: December 15, 2020, 12:33:51 pm »
Life is certainly different Chookie , good on you for being persistent.
DS and I are Exhausted we have not achieved much the last few days but a few trips to imaging places for me .. all good in fact my bone density test came back , improvement so those calcium injections every six moths are helping .. yet still have to watch and plan for any dental invasion like removal of a tooth can only be done just before I have the injection.
We have shopped but no I have not done all my Xmas shopping!! Seen my DM a few times and so has DS , it’s just hard at the moment grasping on to our moments . Caught up with a girlfriend for quick chat . Took DM to a appointment this arvo . DS and I were so silly we decided Grilld would be a good option for dinner , should have done Uber eats one day I’ll download the app .
Early start to collect DD from her girls holiday ( schoolies) in Torquay then home , roll the eyes emoji at least 41/2 hours driving . Strait back into harvest , cooking for extra two men !! Hopefully DMIL will still do it for another day .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24678 on: December 16, 2020, 07:50:44 am »
I'm glad the injections are helping KAtie. I've heard that you have to be careful re the dentist with them.  Your life continues to be hectic, take care.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24679 on: December 16, 2020, 12:18:50 pm »
Just talked about hectic life at the moment, it is wearing but just taking deep breaths and hoping a calm will come soon . Time out for me I got to do a Zoom bookclub tonight , me time yes . All home harvest on pause due to rain (DH can sleep ) DD need lots of catch up sleep . DS and I working as a team , I quietly am there to help we have fallen in a pattern and it works , each night I help him with setting up his pillows so he sleeps semi sitting up , once home for a few days he will be right .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24680 on: December 17, 2020, 03:37:29 am »
I'm having an at home today and doing a bit of baking.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24681 on: December 17, 2020, 08:55:57 pm »
The first trader's Xmas street market is happening tonight so we are moving DH into our shop window so that anyone that is interested can come and watch him playing with pieces of wood!  Personally, we think the whole market will be somewhat of a flop but it's a good initiative so we will support it and see how it goes.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24682 on: December 18, 2020, 04:59:31 am »
People will find his work fascinating Marina.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24683 on: December 19, 2020, 03:07:11 am »
Trying to catch up with the housework , yesterday was washing heaps need warmer weather to do some big things .
DD mowed the grass , DS thinks it’s good that he can just watch . 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24684 on: December 19, 2020, 07:41:39 am »
DD and I went out for coffee. We didn’t last long as the shops were incredibly crowded.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24685 on: December 19, 2020, 10:26:08 am »
I went to the nursery today and I’ve never seen it so full of plants.  I knew what I wanted so it didn’t take me as long to be in an out as I thought it would. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24686 on: December 19, 2020, 11:28:34 am »
Drove DD to a get together with friends , with her swag ! Return home to feed DS but had to make a few toasties for header driver . DS and I had late dinner ! DH harvesting lupines .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24687 on: December 20, 2020, 11:39:00 am »
We went back to where we used to live for a Christmas morning tea. We still keep in touch with all our neighbours from there.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24688 on: December 20, 2020, 12:17:56 pm »
Collected DD mid morning, shopping , even managed to find a Xmas dress . Picnic with friends great to catch up . Small Food shop , home unpack , washing, chooks and meal prep !! Cooked dinner made three meals to DH and two workers , delivery to two paddocks and caught up with DH while he ate ! Home teens eaten that left me to gobble my dinner and flop in front of tv with DS watching Gold diggers in Alabama ...something like that .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #24689 on: December 23, 2020, 08:28:54 am »
A quick trip to the butcher this morning to pick up the Christmas roast then into the supermarket for a few last minute items.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.