Author Topic: Welcome to new member Generali  (Read 8089 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome to new member Generali
« on: August 02, 2014, 12:45:14 pm »
Welcome to the forum Generali, we all have disasters in the early days (and some later too ;)) so hopefully things will begin to look up for you now.  Hopefully you have had some successes along the way.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Generali

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 12:53:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum Generali, we all have disasters in the early days (and some later too ;)) so hopefully things will begin to look up for you now.  Hopefully you have had some successes along the way.

Thanks.  I've made bread (pretty disappointed with the result but I failed to remember to do the second prove so my own fault) and then this disaster.

I think I taught the Generalissimos some new words as I was cleaning up, especially when I knocked my heavy meat cleaver off and it missed my foot by about an inch (25mm for those working in metric).

Oh well.  I'm making choux pastry tomorrow and also strawberry jam from the cook book that came with the machine.  Onwards and upwards.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 12:57:26 pm »
Good luck with the cooking Generali. I'm glad you missed your foot with the meat cleaver.
There are some wonderful recipes on the forum. Many of us really love Chookie's No Fuss Rolls. It makes fantastic bread.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4253.0. This is the link to the recipe.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 01:08:58 pm »
Welcome Generali.
Another couple of tried and tested recipes to help you in your cooking adventures.
Cream Puffs Choux Pastry.
Strawberry Conserve.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Generali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 01:12:17 pm »
Good luck with the cooking Generali. I'm glad you missed your foot with the meat cleaver.
There are some wonderful recipes on the forum. Many of us really love Chookie's No Fuss Rolls. It makes fantastic bread.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4253.0. This is the link to the recipe.

Cheers cookie1.  I might give that a go tomorrow when we get back from Moocooboola:

www.moocooboola.com

Offline Generali

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 01:13:31 pm »
Welcome Generali.
Another couple of tried and tested recipes to help you in your cooking adventures.
Cream Puffs Choux Pastry.
Strawberry Conserve.

Thanks very much. 

I'd like to add that this is bar far the friendliest forum I've ever posted on.  Most of the interwebs are full of horrid people being rude to each other.  What a lovely welcome!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 01:18:54 pm »
We think the forum is pretty friendly too. Thanks for your comment. I hope you have fun at the festival tomorrow and that the weather is perfect.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 01:51:47 pm »
Another OOO word for our European members  :D

Do try the links you've been given Generali, they are tried and well tested recipes.

Have you seen the review section - recipes on here have reviews within the recipe but all Thermomix Books are listed here and if a recipe has been tried and reviewed, it's added to the list.  Find the book, check the list to see if the recipe you intend making is on there and do check out what people thought of it before you start.  Sometimes things need to be tweaked and if they do, you will find how in those reviews.

Offline Generali

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 01:53:33 pm »
We think the forum is pretty friendly too. Thanks for your comment. I hope you have fun at the festival tomorrow and that the weather is perfect.

Cheers.

The weather is set fair, if a little cool (17c/60F).

I think I'll be right at home here! :)

Offline Generali

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 01:58:02 pm »
Another OOO word for our European members  :D

Do try the links you've been given Generali, they are tried and well tested recipes.

Have you seen the review section - recipes on here have reviews within the recipe but all Thermomix Books are listed here and if a recipe has been tried and reviewed, it's added to the list.  Find the book, check the list to see if the recipe you intend making is on there and do check out what people thought of it before you start.  Sometimes things need to be tweaked and if they do, you will find how in those reviews.

OOO word?  Is that the tendency for Aussie words to have lots of o's in them like Wooloomoolloo?  It tends to be because that's how Europeans spell Aboriginal words.

Thanks once again for the warm welcome.  I'm quite a grumpy bloke  >:( but I try to be nice when I can.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to new member Generali
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 01:58:08 pm »
Here you go Generali, I have given you a thread of your own so that our members can welcome you personally.

Offline Generali

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 03:16:27 pm »
Here you go Generali, I have given you a thread of your own so that our members can welcome you personally.

Thanks judydawn.

I'm a early-40s Englishman living in Sydney that is recovering from cancer at the moment.  I love to cook and have done ever since I was a child.

Last week, Mrs Generali was given a Thermomix and I stumbled across this place whilst looking for a recipe for dulce de lecche.

Hullo!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 03:25:57 pm »
Sorry to hear that, I do hope you are responding/have responded well to treatment Generali and wish you well for the future.  Thanks for joining us.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 09:50:01 pm »
Welcome to the forum general. Lovely  to have another gentleman on th forum. I liven in Cairnes which is a lovely warm place in Australia. Unfortunately I am in Sudney at the moment under a doona typing with near frozen fingers  and I may not come out from under until time to go home. I am also without my Thermomix.. If I sound like I am complaining then I am. Lol! Anyway I just wanted to say hi.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 11:09:18 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum. soon you will cooking up a storm. need some help, just ask, we are always here. :)
well i am, besides cooking.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url