Author Topic: Razz-ella  (Read 5226 times)

Offline www.Tick of Yum.webs.com

• View Profile
Razz-ella
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:02:27 am »
Razella Chocolate Spread

I was set a challenge by my Sister-in-law.  Nutella equivalent with no nuts!  I had thought of a couple of different seeds to grind instead of the hazelnuts (chick peas for instance) but I kept coming up against the flavour aspect.  It should taste of something other than chocolate OR taste too healthy!

John saw something about chocolate and raspberries and WHAMO - Razzella was born

Just follow the recipe in the Everyday Cookbook for Chocolate Hazelnut spread, BUT...

• DON'T put in hazelnuts, put in 80g of Raspberries instead
  • increase to speed 4 (raspberries are wet and that liquid and chocolate need to mix
  • If you have used frozen raspberries (lets face it, the cheapest way of getting them) increase the time by a minute to account for the cold raspberries

It's quite a soft spread, and lets face it, not terribly nutritious.... BUT delicious!  And because it is so soft, it is not only fantastic on toast and bread (and scones!!) it is great as a really flash icing for cakes!

NOTE: because raspberries are fruit, they won't keep as long as the nut version will.  SO - make it, put in small containers and pop in the freezer - take out when needed (or eat it all in a week!)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Razz-ella
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:22:24 am »
It does sound delicious Bernie, great that it can be frozen or used for icing cakes. I think the grand-children will like this one, thanks for sharing it with us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 06:50:33 am »
sounds great,ToY.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:23 am »
Wow TOY this sounds awesome. Agree that it would be great kept in the freezer and used as icing. I would never have thought of that. How clever of you!!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:57:18 am »
This looks fabulous ToY,I will use it for icing cakes. ;) ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 09:47:49 am »
My mouth is watering just reading that. I've found that I can buy Nannas frozen raspberries almost cheaply here.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:39:59 am »
OMG my kids (who am I kidding) I would love this lol

I was using the Nanna's berries Cookie, thought I was on a fantastic winner, then discovered they are from China and I have an aversion to China produce  :( :(

Am happy to load up at the moment while everyone seems to be having the others on special (not much room in the freezer but you get that)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 04:59:01 pm »
The combination sounds wonderful - makes me wish I could eat chocolate.  I love raspberries.

The local health food store, which has an adjacent restaurant, makes a Nutella substitute spread with roasted carob combined with sunflower and pumpkin seeds, (also roasted). 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 07:38:32 am »
So much like the name of your site  YUM!!  YUM!!!