Author Topic: new to thermomix  (Read 4740 times)

Offline santina

• View Profile
new to thermomix
« on: August 01, 2010, 03:45:16 am »
Hi everyone,
 just took the plunge and bought one.  after three years stalking the thermomix. lol  :) I saw this product on t.v 3 years ago looked it up on the net saw the price and closed the link. about 3 months ago a friend of mine who normally has no interest in cooking started raving about her thermomix so i revisited the net and got excited about it again (but i didn't look at the price) contacted thermomix on their site and a lovely consultant contacted me.  I tried to talk to my DH and he was shocked at the price. I went to a demo on Wednesday and that was it i was a goner ordered one. came home and started to recite all the things that this machine can make to DH who responded o.k get whoo on my way only 4more sleeps till it arrives.
thanks for this forum

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: new to thermomix
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:04:58 am »
Hi and welcome Santina. I'm glad you got your DH on side. Where are you from?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline santina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 08:34:16 am »
Hi cookie1

We're in Perth south of the river.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 08:58:53 am »
Welcome santina. I'm south of the river as well.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 09:35:28 am »
I'm a SOR too Santina.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 01:58:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum Santina.  Doesn't sound as if DH put up much of a fight, lucky you.  Once you get it you will have to bombard him with food you have made in it so get cracking and pick out some recipes from the forum, get your ingredients in and be ready to go.  Have fun, you will enjoy yourself and please come back here and let us know what you have been making.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 02:38:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum Santina.I looked at the Thermomix for a few years but my DH arranged a demo and a TM for a birthday present.He raves about the TM to anyone who asks about it, but like most people they are put off by the price.You will have great fun cooking with your TM.
Just one question ( you see I live in the U.K.) is there some significance living south of the river in Perth?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 02:16:42 am »
I must say that I love the way you ask questions about us here in Australia Cornish Cream, you look things up on the internet to get a clearer picture and generally take a big interest in the way we live our lives here.  Your answer will come from those who live SOR but wouldn't it be great if you could visit us one day to check us out.   Mind you, it is such a big country you would need a long holiday to see us all scattered throughout the country and capital cities.  My MIL once had elderly visitors from the UK and when they took them for a drive into the country the poor ladies were quite frightened by the distance they were travelling without seeing a single house or person.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 03:24:34 am »
welcome Santina - you are in for a lot of fun in your kitchen, so tell your DH to prepare himself and go on a diet. CC, Perth is sort of divided by the river - you basically live north or south of it and thats how you get your bearings. no matter what side you live on, you generally don't like crossing and going over to the other side because its more comfortable on your own side  :-))   
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 07:12:26 am »
Have fun santina - sure you'll enjoy it.  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 02:28:48 pm »
I must say that I love the way you ask questions about us here in Australia Cornish Cream, you look things up on the internet to get a clearer picture and generally take a big interest in the way we live our lives here.  Your answer will come from those who live SOR but wouldn't it be great if you could visit us one day to check us out.   Mind you, it is such a big country you would need a long holiday to see us all scattered throughout the country and capital cities.  My MIL once had elderly visitors from the UK and when they took them for a drive into the country the poor ladies were quite frightened by the distance they were travelling without seeing a single house or person.
I love looking everyone up on the map to get an idea where they live in Oz.My DH and I were fortunate enough to visit your wonderful country in February.( Boy!! it was hot after coming from 30 days of he coldest winter in the U.K.)Our DD and SIL were living in Sydney.Our SIL was at the Sydney Hand Hospital for a year on a fellowship.We had a once in a life time experience and we will never forget it.IF I came up on the lottery, I will return and visit you all and try to see some of the rest of Oz.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 02:24:36 am »
That would be wonderful Cornish Cream.

CP63 has pretty well summed up the north and south of the river thing. People do tend to feel more comfortable on 'their own 'side. It's not that you don't go to the other side we do, but we know our way round very comfortably SOR and need to use a road guide for most places NOR. Both sides of the river are growing very fast and we have new suburbs being created regularly.